Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Agree 100%

3 Likes

My goto is the $80 S1 Retro Lifer which I usually wear — even though it’s sitting beside much more expensive helmets…

3 Likes

Any tips about getting more motor clearance? Its about 2cm off the ground, but I can’t put it higher because it touches the truck…

1 Like

reverse mount it

1 Like

Isn’t possible because my enclosure is too large

1 Like

ohh wait that is reverse mounted :man_facepalming: Your motor mounts are super short then. longer mounts and maybe a truck riser would let you put it higher

1 Like

Hmm I just have those motor mounts of dickhyo so I tought nothing special :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

is it me or what, i can’t tell which way the board is facing

3 Likes

You’re right if you don’t know you can’t see it clear😂

Now you can see it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ohh u need longer mount if u gonna rear mount the motor. that dickyho mount is meant for forward mount iirc, but he does have a longer mount which is made for rear mount

2 Likes

Thx didnt know that :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

u not able to forward mount it? ur enclosure in the way?

1 Like

Yeah that’s impossible

1 Like

oof

1 Like

Will just do it with my 2cm clearance :rofl:

1 Like

2cm is 2cm, good enough for me :rofl:

Dear system,

yes, i know

4 Likes

i’m running 1.5cm in nyc. you’ll be fiiineeee

3 Likes

Looks very possible with an enertion style mount

3 Likes

There is really a very little space for the mount, so when it succeeds I guess it will have 2cm clearance as well :woman_shrugging:

Tbh I’m more concerned with hitting the truck than the ground in that specific setup, I still think you’d be better off mounting towards the enclosure for that reason. If it’s not already fixed in palace with loctite or you’re ok with cleaning and reapplying it I’d try it forward mounted to see how it is

1 Like