Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Shipping is usually not free, it’s just baked into the item price.

Local pickup is actually “free shipping” if the option is available. I do this frequently.

Peace bro. I get your take on things but I see it differently - probably because my needs are different to yours.

1 Like

At least in the us with current gas prices, more often than not this is actually more expensive than shipping if you have to more than like ~60 miles. At least for small stuff like escs, motors, ect.

I just assumed we all used electric motors for transportation here. Power’s hella cheaper than gas.

1 Like

lol i guess it depends how you vaue your time. 120 miles of eskate is gonna be like 4 hours of riding at least. and most people dont have electric cars

Damn that’s far

thats what were talking abt lol

That worked thanks !

Thats great news!

I think once you get into that kind of distance the only option is to sit on the board and ride it like a small go cart

I think if I rode hard for 120 miles in a day my legs would turn into jello

My main ride is carbon and I couldn’t imagine more than a couple miles sitting down. My tailbone hurts thinking about that.

Just Slav squat on it for 120 miles :grin:

1 Like

I can only “western spy squat” so I’d break my ankles

Real men do skeleton runs anyway.

1 Like

Where can I find 5.2 FW for Unity? I want to downgrade my xenith from 5.3 to see if it solves some braking issues but I can’t find the version, only 5.3 shows up in the app, can’t find it online anywhere

Solved it by downloading variESC tool

either that or use the beta tool which includes previous versions of the firmware.

2 Likes

What is this?

How do you all catch faults? Metr pro? Bluetooth module? Not too sure what’s wrong with my board but it feels like when I am pushing 26-27mph just one of my two ESC’s cutout. It honestly feels pretty nasty - the power from one motor alone or the lack of power from the cut motor will push one side of the truck forward inducing a wobble. Pretty ass-puckering but I’ve managed to save myself somehow by releasing the throttle and riding it out. Happens pretty reliably when testing top end speeds and I am fed up with it Thoughts? New esc/s?

specs: 12s4p p42a, 15t motor pulley, 66t wheel, 8in pnumies, 190kv motors, and 2x torque bldc vesc.
sending 60 motor amps on each side, drawing 50 battery amps on each side

Git fork from VESC creator. Has some parameters more safely tuned. Acts as a VESC tool

1 Like