Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

Ok. I know that part of the settings. But how does the app know that? or do you have to set the values manual? And how do you figure that our. Can you just calculate it? Say I charge the pack to 41 V so than this is my 100% that is straight forward. My cutoff is handled by the vesc and is set to 33 V cutoff start - 31 V cutoff end. Which voltage is than 0%? 33 V or 31 V? It’s all a bit confusing to me. Plus the curve is not linear right? is that an good enough approximation?

You have to set it manually, and your cell count should be your s count.

Ya linear is good enough but you can sqeue it so the bottom is faster if you want

I’d set cutoff start as like 10 or 5 % and then end at 0

1 Like

I would love to get a METR but looks like there are no more units in stock. Maybe something similar or better will come along soon. :slight_smile:
Is someone willing to sell their METR? :smiley:

1 Like

Going to try to try my hand at replacing these caps that snapped off… Does this look like a match? https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/rubycon/80ZLH390MEFC16X20/3564406

1 Like

Those match and look solid AND that brand is what i have used to replace bad caps on my mobo (newegg sucks now lol). Can’t break it if it’s already broken

3 Likes

What was the polarity on the LaCroix charge port LP20 connector? Still remember? Anyone know?

On the barrel, it’s 1 positive, 2 negative. I assume it’s the same for the others.

I have a set of FSBH 6384 that I bought used, I’m pretty confident that there are supposed to be washers stacked under the circlip to keep both halves of the motor together, mine do not have washers on either motor and have about 1mm of play because of that, the circlip (and bigass magnets) seem to keep everything together pretty well but I’m not sure how I would get new washers on the shaft as the shaft steps up in size after the circlip meaning I can’t just slide a washer on from the tip of the shaft. Any suggestions?

Also if anybody knows what size circlip I’m looking for that’s also super helpful.

1 Like

Anyone have advice on vinyl wrapping an enclosure?

I think you need some 10mm ID shims

These are 0.25mm thick

Shim Washers, for Shortening 10mm Diameter Screw Shoulder, 0.01" Thick

2 Likes

silly me searching for “noob thread” haha

here

1 Like

Ok folks what in the hell is this? Never even heard of this fault?!?

1 Like

This happened at very low speeds last night. It caused my davega to reboot, or maybe it’s something related to the Davega. This was at the start of my ride and it’s been almost a a week of not riding so I just made sure all my phase wires and sensor connections were making good contact (basically pushed stuff together best I could). I kept it around 15-20mph for the next several miles and the watchdog fault didn’t come back, so I kept riding but I never dared to go higher than 30mph the rest of night… I don’t think these are related to the undervoltage faults I get, as those never occur at low speed. It’s just the opposite they happen after about 10-30 seconds at max throttle. Not only that but the undervoltage faults happen on the master side and the watchdog was thrown on the slave side. The fact that I couldn’t reproduce the watchdog fault at all last night doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. The only recent changes/repairs I made to the board were replacing a motor bearing (slave side) and moving from 17 to 18t pulleys. Maybe I should have re-run detection with everything attached when I did this? I’ve read that this could be an Observer issue, but also read that it could be 5v/3v rail issue… Which goes back to the Davega rebooting… By the end of the night the Davega was rebooting over and over while I was riding a few miles at around 25-30 consistently. I was spooked so I didn’t try going any faster, but I still needed to get home.

Yeah. My advice is to not do it lol.

All jokes aside though, it can be incredibly difficult to do it well. Just make sure that you have really high quality vinyl. Also make sure that you don’t leave your board in a warm spot cause any kind of heat will make the wrap unstick itself from some concave corners. It will probably take a couple tries, so get plenty of the vinyl before you start.

2 Likes

On my test ride with Nagini, I realised that it was really difficult to make tight turns. Standing still, I tried leaning as far as possible and the trucks turned very little whilst the board begun to lift on the opposite side.

My deck has a 0 degree angle at the rear, and 15 degree at the front:

My trucks are Caliber III 184mm 44° raked. Default bushings. If I reverse the hangers, will this make it less “divey” and therefore more responsive?

I will need to make a second prototype of my motor mounts at some point, and when I do I will buy some of @Boardnamics precision hangers. Will a wider wheelbase affect the turning radius?

Edit: Just realised this whole time my trucks have been backwards…it’s a good thing I designed these motor mounts to be adjustable!

3 Likes

If the axles are closer to the ground/ends of your board (relative to unraked hangers)(I wanna say positive rake) it will be more divey and if they are closer to the deck/center of your board (I wanna say negative rake) it will be more dead, you can also do positive front and negative rear for something a bit more balanced, or positive neutral or neutral negative for something more akin to a normal board

I think we should make removable bushing seats to adjust rake and seat type, bushing seats face is offset on a disc so you can bolt it nub in to the hanger (from either side) for neutral, on the bottom of the hanger with nub out for negative rake, or top of the hanger with nub out for positive rake. Requesting 3% royalties if anyone does this :grin:

1 Like

Oh just so you know the BN hangers aren’t raked as far as I know, and track width does not affect absolute minimum turning radius but they will have slightly more resistance the faster you go, if they are wider than the deck you can’t tip it by turning though

In that case, I guess you won’t need those royalties from the motor mount design… :wink:

Cheers for the advice. I’m a bit lost in all the positives, neutrals and negatives though. First port of call is to put the trucks on correctly, from there I’ll see how she feels.

1 Like

@Boardnamics yo dawg, this is a good idea. :point_up: Do you reckon it would be possible? Or are the forces too large to allow the rake to be adjustable?

1 Like

hi all, still looking for a solution?
Vesctool show this parameters when doing Setup Motors FOC, and its not working.

Flipsky FSESC 6.6 (Blue and green lights on it only)
Motor 6368 (checked on another Vesc and is working Good with sensors)

Снимок экрана 2023-06-27 в 13.56.01