Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

(poast deleted by author)

Breaking the chain to say, I love this.

Lol thanks for breaking it. Now that that’s out of the way, let’s talk MR60 connectors. I want something on my board to make removing the enclosure easier without having to juggle a heavy deck with motor wires going through a grommet with drivetrain on the other side. I see some people using MR60 connectors for their phase wires. @SeanHacker made a nice looking flush-mount printable plate that I am going to try out. I know @b264 will say run ‘em sensorless but is there a connector that would work similarly to the MR60 but for hall sensors, so I can unplug them where the wires would pass through the enclosure wall? Saw something like this on the ‘zon but curious what others are doing.

1 Like

@frame i forgot the name

there is no MR panel mount tho, best u can do is using 3 XT60 panel mount, and maybe weipu for sensor, then u can completely detach the drivetrain without opening the enclosure

Those are kinda big?

I have used some smaller round connectors from aliexpress, on my NightTrain build.

NZ$ 5.28 15% Off | 2pin/3pin 18AWG 4pin 20 AWG 5/6pin 22AWG 8pin Black Color Male and Female waterproof Connector For LED strip Applicable 0.75mm sq
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMaKAT6

There’s also some Higo ebike ones around somewhere which are similar, maybe better?

1 Like

No i mean those sensor connectors in general.

just weipu SF12 connector

I’m pretty sure he sent me one a long time ago that I never used. You’re welcome to it if you want.

Thanks, I have a printer here though so I don’t mind doing up my own. I figured for the MR60’s I could use some form of mount and some epoxy/glue to hold it in. I’ll check out those Weipu connectors too

For mr60s, you can drill holes then hold in place and hot glue one side. Hold the mr60 for two mins while hot glue dries.

Then mix thickened epoxy and glue other side.

Once epoxy cured, (next day) rip off hot glue.

Then do the thickened epoxy thing on first side.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks! Sounds pretty strong. I dig it.

what’s the difference between small and large trucks ? for example I have Trampas mini spring trucks (12.5 inch or 31 cm) and I’m thinking if I get the full size one’s I might like it better (16/17 inch or 40/43 cm)

funzies

might remake my board for funzies or actually sell it to make other funzies, 2 wheelers ftw i guess

Weipu SF8

It’s expensive but totally worth it.

Functionally width barely changes anything. If you need larger motors, or have wheelbite, then it’s worth going wider.

1 Like

would of thought it would be more stable and like less abrupt reactions

1 Like

It’s not expensive when u only need 2 pairs per 2wd board

1 Like

@frame @tech.shit are there any Weipu distributors in US? I can’t seem to find any

I need help friends. I really need to stop using my drill for these things.

Accidentally cross-threaded one of my drive screws for my hub. When trying to back the screw out, I stripped the hex head. Anyone have any recommendations for getting this off? Needle-nose plyers can’t grab onto the head well enough and I can’t fit my beefier plyers between the hub spokes. It’ll take a huge amount of force to get the nut off.

I would try hammering a torx bit into the hex

1 Like