Beginner Question Thread! 2023 Edition

I would try hammering a torx bit into the hex

1 Like

Have any of you used or seen connectors from CNLinko? They seem to have applicable connectors, fairly similar to Weipu, but are more available from US distributors.

1 Like

Can’t seem to get one to hold hard enough.

I’m thinking dremeling a notch for a flathead would work, but I can’t get my Dremel into the tiny space. Fuuuuuuuck

Anyone got other suggestions?

People say this but its not super applicable. Look at the downhill longboardsrs on 150mm trucks.

1 Like

Try cutting the nut off maybe?

That’s my current best idea, but even that will be a pain in the ass with how close it is to the hub.

Do you think I could use some retaining compound to secure an Allen wrench in the stripped hole and get it out that way? I’m not sure if there’s a retaining compound that can handle that lateral force though

1 Like

I usually just drill through the head of the screw till it comes off.

1 Like

I’m not really sure what you mean :thinking:

Epoxy is pretty strong but even that might not work. Can’t hurt to try. Clean and abrade a bit if u can and give it a crack. Thickened epoxy. Let cure a day.

1 Like

take a 4mm drill bit to the stripped head of the bolt and keep drilling. Since the drill bit is the same size as the thread diameter, it’ll drill through till the end of the head. The head will fall off and you can just push the bolt through

4 Likes

Yup have done that a bit. Chance could mess up the hold a little if it is slightly off but better than nothing.

1 Like

Smort, thank you, will likely try this

No, only reseller

1 Like

It popular before everyone jump ship on weipu

1 Like

Praise spicy boi @Evwan :raised_hands:

6 Likes

It works wonders. I manage to strip so many bolts I just know that it works haha.

2 Likes

Dude, it was ruining my evening thinking about how to deal with it, so thank you :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve tried this, and while I think your odds are long at best of this working, I have to suggest you let it cure for a week and not a day.

Or cure it for a day under heat

Anybody know of wide hubs that come with an offset for the valve stem? Preferably CNC and preferably rockstar 2 mounting pattern.