🦖 BEAST MODE! = 10s8p + Rum Runner + @akhlut Risers + @NoWind Gear Drive & 8in MBS wheels

I’ve been trying to electrify a Moonshine Mfg Rum Runner for over a year now, its such a great deck. Its very roomy and springy and one of the easiest to lock in without being drop-through or dropped. Unfortunately I always ran into issue with the limited wheel base. With @akhlut’s offset riser, no more problems.

The deck and risers combined with the E-Toxx Gear Drive on MBS Matrix 2 trucks (including the metal baseplate) with 8in MBS Rodies & MBS Rockstar II’s, makes for a beastly ride.

I didn’t build this board for speed, but it happened anyways :slight_smile:. I’ve only had this thing up to around 30, but I still had throttle left. I’ve been riding in grass and gravel and off sidewalks, I don’t even pay attention to potholes if they smaller than my wheels. It truly is a beast.

Beast Mode IG link

EDIT: I don’t know whats up with the IG link, but no method of sharing it is working ATM.

58 Likes

This is sweet man, rough roads beware

1 Like

Its a lot of fun. I tried to build a Jet Spud version over a year ago, and absolutely hated it. Looked awesome, but no real estate so I was very limited in where and how fast I could go. I think this has resolved the issue. :metal:

…for historical interest

15 Likes

Thank you Mike, very cool!

For real, really cool build. How do you find the height? And what ESC did you opt for this beaut? Remote?

Well done, looks to be put together really well. Bet it looks even better in person, and rides even better than that

5 Likes

The height takes a little getting used to, but the offset in the risers negate a lot of the issues you have with normal 30 degree risers. Overall its very comfortable.

I’m using x2 1.7 FocBox’s and a Hoyt Puck remote, it’s my favorite combo.

It really doesn’t, I can’t keep it clean. I was riding this weekend just after a massive rain storm, the thing was covered in mud and grit, I felt a little guilty…then I got over it and road it again :wink: .

9 Likes

If you’re not riding her hard and putting her away wet, are you really doing it right?

9 Likes

This thing is bad ass Mike.

5 Likes

Damnit, now I gotta get a t-shirt made :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you sir, it’s fun AF :grin:

4 Likes

Love it!
I think I’ve found my inspiration for the 8in wheels I have

4 Likes

Once you go nummie, it’s hard to go back :grin:.

5 Likes

That’s what they say…:thinking::thinking:

2 Likes
View this post on Instagram

A custom Urban Carver... 10s8p + @moonshinemfg Rum Runner + @akhlutskates Risers + @e_toxx Gear Drive & 8in MBS wheels = BEAST MODE! ... ... #esk8.news #esk8 #eskate #esk8squad #esk8builder #esk8life #electriclongboard #electriclongboarding #electricskateboard #electricskateboarding #diy #diyelectricskateboard #builder #gnarly

A post shared by Mike Maner (@mike.maner) on Jan 12, 2020 at 11:39am PST

Looking good Mike.
3 Likes

She’s a sexy beast! love it. The bindings on a shorter board must also make a big difference right?

3 Likes

love the build man!!! looks great :+1:

1 Like

Nice build man! Do you get some sort of split angles with the offset risers?

What do you mean by this?

1 Like

The offset risers are both 30 degrees.

He means the jet spud was too short.

4 Likes

Thanks brother, I appreciate it

1 Like

Yes, the freebord bindings are great for curbs and make it a lot more turnable.

5 Likes

@akhlut got it right, perfectly.