Skateboard Deck Mountainboard?

okp did this a while ago:

But this is a usual small flat deck with angled risers to mount the Trampa Trucks.
A usual skateboard deck is already angled a bit, so i´m thinking of a tiny mountainboard with it and something smaller like MBS trucks to go with 8" wheels on in. Small battery on top.

Someone here tried this already and have some experience with it? Videos or pictures how it looks?
I might just get a deck from someone and try it out…

2 Likes

@mmaner

It’s fun. I needed to add 3 layers of glass to the top and bottom to get the flex right though.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Honestly, Im not clear and what he is asking :slight_smile:

@TarzanHBK maybe you can clear this up a little?

Excuse me where is part 2???

@Skatardude10 @rusins Ha! You guys were faster and it looks awesome! Imma try this out :grin:

@mmaner looks like @natebolo thought you have a skateboard mountainboard and tagged you?
Don´t know :thinking:

1 Like

I built this one a while back…

I did not like it, I need more room to spread out and the weight made it difficult to jump curbs.

I built this one in January, it’s tons of fun and I ride it frequently. I murder curbs and trails with it.

7 Likes

Cool! This first one looks like the OKP one.
If you pre-angle it with a skateboard deck it gets you closer to the ground and you might only need something like a 10° angled riser to get the real mountainboard feeling.
The Freebindings are a good choice with these small boards.

1 Like

The 1st was built because of @OKP. He made some really cool stuff. The build looked like tons of fun, just not a great fit for me. Lots of people love that build.

I dont know of a deck that would give you enough angle that is also wide enough a platform for trails and rough riding. On the Beast Mode build I used risers by @akhlut, they offset the trucks as well as angle the trucks, making them closer to the ground.

I really dont like bindings, but if I need them I typically use freeboard bindings. I have since added inserts so I can swap the binding direction for standard/goofy and remove them entirely for street.

I have attempted to use aluminum drop brackets (homemade) but I like risers better. Drop brackets put a lot of stress on the deck and worry me, plus they have some flex which is cool but it also introduces an element of unpredictability which can be problematic on rough terrain and at high speeds.

2 Likes

Alright, good stuff to think about when doing a mini like that, thx!
I´ll get a cheap deck from somewhere and experiment a bit with it.

2 Likes

Well, I did this faster then expected :smiley:
Had this things laying around and got a cheap skateboard deck and mounted this trucks with angled risers to have a nice steering angle.
Board does reaaaally flex a lot due to the trucks on the far outside, so i might just add fibreglass at the bottom.
Next important thing would be a suiting enclosure to bottom mount stuff.
@BigBen do you have something small for that? Space underneath is about 54 cm x 18 cm :sweat_smile:

I also have Freeboard Bindings coming my way to test them with this little shitshow!

3 Likes

Mmm, not sure I have anything that would suit that!?

get enough glass for top and bottom, a couple layers each at least, trust me.

BTW, looking good :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes