BatteryHookup.com are we talking about this?

@bj97301 ends up being $15 per battery at claimed 24-26 ah discharge seems okay at 3c and 5c for 10 sec

3 Likes

Interesting but I’ll need something with higher c rating and more energy dense. I would need 27s to make the equivalent 24s 3.6v nominal battery. These are pretty thick too.

1 Like
2 Likes

beep beep

looks like you could fit two of those under a massive deck or make a sleek top mount.

4 Likes

Idk how big they end up being, but the escape one looks small enough for a top mount

1 Like

this looks cool

1 Like

Thats one hell of a charge port fuse!

1 Like

liike a battery this is a hookup

I remember when reclaimed batteries were worth about 100 bucks per KW. Battery hookup seems to keep pushing that number higher and higher… I really wonder if they pay for these or take them for free from warehouses as a disposal service.

5 Likes

well seeing how they rapidly expended it’s probably a mix of both you know the cheap 18650 packs or salvaged cells might have been disposed but the bigger packs like car batteries most likely bought at a cheap price

2 Likes

I agree they’re always playing with the numbers to maximize profit, and they heavily “sponser” many content creators on YT that have battery related channels, paying them and giving them free shit to “review”(schill), to drive up prices, especially for easy to configure (for powerwalls, solar generators, backup packs, as these are their primary customers) options. 12, 24, and 48v nominal prebuilt packs especially turnkey so they’ll be extra pricey… Lifepo4 tends to command a premium especially there, or anything they think are high output packs the car audio guys will want. However, if you look, they currently have numerous lipo packs with little use at below $100/kWh.

They definitely can be a little shady with pricing manipulation etc, and yes a lot of the used cells they likely get paid to take as a “recycler”, but I agree with whomever said they likely do pay for surplus EV modules and other overstock new modules. Im sure ultimately they’d love to just be a retailer for that stuff as they seem to keep bringing more and more of that in.

Hell bigbattery seems to have gone completely into retail building packs, and doesnt appear to sell surplus anymore.

Frankly BCH has some much better deals for surplus powerwall cells atm, but hey, I’ll take all the options I can get.

2 Likes

@Battery_Mooch

You think I should try this cells out?

I have no idea. :slightly_smiling_face:
There’s just no way for me to know what’s going on inside those cells. If you do anything with them go slow and monitor their voltage and temperature until you are satisfied with how they are performing (or until something tells you to stop).

1 Like

BHU thinks it’s safe enough to ship then it’s safe enough for me to use. yeah I just think it is funny to tag you every time I have an issue with a battery just to keep you bothered :upside_down_face:

I Would much rather put that cut cell into a 3S than a 12S pack.

2 Likes

even my packages? :pleading_face:

2 Likes

any more them batteryhookup discount codes? snort. im hooked. i guessed “diy” and got 5% off!. i remember there being a bigger one

2 Likes

I have so many of these a123 cells I got from batteryhookup. I thought I’d make batteries on pcbs n sell them but changed my mind. I’ll sell them for 2$ a cell. The ones I’ve tested showed 97.5% capacity.

5 Likes

No better code that I’m aware of anymore. They used to be all 10% off codes, but they sent out an email saying they were switching them to 5% and “lower base prices” more than the other 5%, but it seems like typical BHU bullshit from what I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Well the cells I got are good. If they didn’t have new good deals on better cells I’d have no problems.

2 Likes

there use to be “POWERWALL” for 10% but i don’t think it works anymore

btw very safe carpet capacity testing :woozy_face:

2 Likes