BatteryHookup.com are we talking about this?

I browse their website almost daily and i found this gem. at 14" maybe a bit a tad on the long side but…16s …26ah, 120amp continues discharge…thats like perfect for esk8!!! when stormcores come around…

4 Likes

Measurements: 14.5" x 4" x 7"
Weight: 26 lbs.

It’s a bit chunky. Believe me I thought about it.

3 Likes

It is a bit chunky, a bit very chunky

4 Likes

I wonder how much the weight would be after you yank the cells out of that case and take it down to 12s instead of 16, then put it in a different case…

EDIT Looking closer it seems that you might not be able to split it up, also 120a discharge rating seems a bit low for the kinds of boards these would go on doesn’t it? Thought 200 was the ‘gold standard’ for All terrain boards that would accommodate something this size.

2 Likes

I was looking at it more as a ebike pack due to its size and OK discharge.
Breaking it down might be an option tho. Being a bmw pack it would probably be a PITA to open.

2 Likes

Holy shit bro :flushed: buy that!!

1 Like

Goddamn. There’s way too much unneeded material in there. My bike is going to have a 20s14p and my space is only 362mm x 231mm x 168mm

Just strap two of them on like saddle bags, and you’ll have like 100 miles of range.

2 Likes

It doesn’t have enough power :joy:
Wonder what a 32s would feel like :thinking:

2 Likes

hmm
good deal and looks like a useful esk8 pack.

Wish more noobs would pick these up instead of making their own sketch packs.

2 Likes

When Voltage goes up, Amps come down for the same Watts generated. I’m barely pulling 60+ Amps at peak on a dual 6374 18S build.

5 Likes

All these battery recyclers have more out of stock listings than in stock listings… When is the next big pull???

I want to build a 16S scooter with a 100S and one of these as the standing platform.

I doubt the 100S can take 120A though, would probably have to go with one of the 75/300 or A200S clones.

1 Like

My third reminder/suggestion for @longhairedboy to make a “esk8 news” discount code to support the forum…

1 Like

another cheap 12S pack. I am very tempted.

2 Likes

Hmmm me too. FWIW discount “BATTERY” always works there if nobody has mentioned it, for 10% off. With shipping this pack comes to $110 after discount.

I wonder how much weight can be stripped off the pack itself…

Edit: Also, batteryhookup is often pretty conservative with the numbers they toss out for discharge ratings when they don’t actually have specific data on the packs, which seems to be common with various EV batteries. Just saying I would expect to be able to push more amps than they usually state. Half their listings just contain generic “lithium” numbers in this regard. I’ve gotten some great stuff from these guys over the years.

200 (2)

1 Like

I thought the bmw packs also had 15% off as well… so even better pricing.
They are cool, but against @Fosterqc ‘s point, they would turn into sketch packs anyway, cause you would have to splice the cells out and rip these stupid cases apart to lay your cells out flat. Shipping is also a bish too, not worth it to buy one prob.

2 Likes

I actually think (like most EV modules we see) this would work good as a top mount.

The dimensions are actually perfect for this and I’m interested in the weight without the alu case.

Not that 18Ah is that great but for $130…

I also think that alu case is dope for maybe a huge spim08hp pack.

3 Likes

Oh yeah like a mtb build could possibly take advantage of these…

Stoooooooop

3 Likes