Battery Clearing House SV-BA10 13s 20Ah Battery

I found this brand new 990.8wh pack for a crazy price of 87.00 with free shipping! I am assuming by the 48.1v nominal its a 13s pack (48.1/3.7 = 13). I am just not finding any examples of them online, what cells they use or what its max ratings are, all I see is info about the sharp/stoba battery division but no details… Im wondering if anyone here has seen them, or if anyones willing to take one for the team and buy one.(if my bank account wasn’t so empty I would have already ordered one). They don’t list the dimensions but it might be good for an ebike or a mountainboard build.

4 Likes

I think I found a picture of it. Looks like it might be in the guys hands, so a smaller form factor. If it was made to power that rover, then it might be a high enough output battery for our use case. The more I find the closer I am to pulling the trigger on one or two of them.

This article I think goes over their cell technology:
https://www.sciencepark.or.th/files/High%20safety%20Lithium%20ion%20battery%20for%20EV%20application.pdf

1 Like

seems interesting, curious what form factor cells are in there, and from reading the PDF above , seems each cell goes to 4.3v

@Scepterr, I think I might have found the form factor in the last link I posted. It sounds like the Stoba is an additive to normal Lithium batteries for added stability, shelf life and safety.

1 Like

wow I love this website

huh they aren’t good with the email updates things. Wonder if they will send something out.

@Fosterqc I just got off the phone with the site! (battery clearing house) the owner said these last few weeks have been very busy for them but so they are delayed on phone calls and emails. Only took 3 calls to get through, so way better then my experience with battery hookups.

All the info he had on the batteries were:
-brand new in box, he has 2 pallets of them
-Not sure the exact use, thinks they are for European electric scooters
-Very high build quality
-Charge port on top, discharge through bottom pins, no communication to BMS needed for discharge

And he would get back to me if he is able to find any more spec sheets and also the dimensions for each pack.

5 Likes

sounds sweet we really need to snatch these up!

*peeks at bank account already on fire

3 Likes

@Fosterqc Im with you. I just finished my Ebike and scooter packs. But i’m having a very hard time talking myself off the ledge of buying two of these.

1 Like

This could be the dopest swappable mtb battery out there… My guess is it’s only 10-30A discharge though.

3 Likes

This looks like it. 45A continuous discharge. That’s… not bad…

2 Likes

That was going to be the biggest “gotcha” of the pack, hands down id have order 3 if the performance was there 45 continuous out is… a bit limp.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is $75 of SPIM08HP in a smaller package but with way less punch.

Could still be good in a non-esk8 application.

Or… could make a badass power pack :thinking:

2 Likes

I have a box of SPIM08HP on my rack :smiley: These seemed like a quicker less fussy alternative. Oh well
I suppose.

If I had any interest, I’d consider use in a peddle assisted bike but alas, I have no desire for such things.

2 Likes

@RyEnd great find! That’s definitely the pack. I wonder what the burst current is, or if they are able to be over drawn without problems. like how the 30qs are rated 15 but fine for 20A in our application.

These would be perfect for a Esk8 trailer

2 Likes

for science

9 Likes

@Scepterr you are the man. What are your plans for it? Use it, or do a teardown/ tests?

1 Like

teardown and tests and then we will see :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I’ll follow you.

They seem like the perfect thing to pair with the 16S A123 cell packs I was planning.

1 Like

Dope find! Perfect for DIY ebikes actually!
48v and 45a is the sweet spot for 1500w conversion kits!
I’d totally jump on this if I didn’t JUST get a 52v 20ah for $319 lol

4 Likes

at 11.38wh/$1 it’s goooood
just got tracking number

4 Likes