Balance wiring criticism/bad examples/questions

Looks alright man!

2 Likes

Jokes on me… I’m glad I thoroughly check balance voltages before connecting. One of these little buggers got twisted in the base and I mis soldered. Easy fix if you check things first.

3 Likes

I would be more concerned with the soldering on these then the routing of the balance wires…

2 Likes

This is why I never paid these prices and started building my own…

2 Likes

You using an expensive ESD mat on top of your sacrificial work mat :rofl:

EDIT: oh I take it back, its just a fancy silicone mat.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go as far as to say “fancy” by any means haha

2 Likes

What I was thinking is that A+ meant there was nothing you can possibly point out that is bad, basically flawless. Where there is ambiguity, I just tend to compare to the others I guess. IDK we will figure it out.

1 Like
2 Likes

Shame me…

3 Likes

Looks fine to me

2 Likes

how dare you doubt youself

4 Likes

Anyone know if this lineup for the BMS balance wires are correct?

Also I have no idea how or where to solder the charge port to the BMS, help will be appreciated💯

1 Like

try watching the video about bms wiring that LEE WRIGHT DIY ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD BUILDER made

2 Likes

Got a lin- never mind I watched the video. I don’t have a battery pack like his, mines are lipos. Soldering the balance wires are easy money, just need to know where the charge port goes

2 Likes

LIPO Charge only Smart BMS wiring Guide

charge port: batt pos, bms power neg. fused

1 Like

Ok, its a DC port. Does it not matter where the wires go or it goes in a certain part?

Could I solder the positive to the battery harness main positive, add my fuse holder in between the negative wire to the BMS power?

2 Likes

You need to connect your charger to the balance port and determine which pin is which with a multimeter. That’s the only sure way of doing it.

Be careful, don’t lick the terminals while the charger is plugged in.

5 Likes

Feels like this coming from experience. :grin:

2 Likes

Ah ok, couldn’t figure out your comment at first but now I know what you mean, wondering if this is how i wire the charge port. Just making sure before I start it this week so I can finish lol

2 Likes

I have the same charge port, middle should be + and outer -

3 Likes