Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Iā€™ve installed 6x2 pneumatics on a Landyachtz Evo / Caliber 50/Boardnamics 220 hangers, and after my first run around the block, Iā€™m facing the issue of wheel-shoe bite. With my front foot where it belongs on that deck, the wheel can touch my toes when leaning toeside, and itā€™s clearly not something Iā€™d want to repeat too much. Iā€™m kind of surprised because Iā€™ve seen quite a few builds with pneumatics on Evos. Iā€™m just a size 10 shoes, and thereā€™s only a couple of cms that overhang, but thatā€™s all it takes to allow contact. Unless I retrain myself to keep my foot a bit less angled and a bit less wedged against the front hump, but thatā€™d feel weird. Any AT evo users who can share their experience?

Pic of board? Just curious

hard to fully lean with no speed and taking a picture, but youā€™ll get the ideaā€¦

1 Like

Ah yeah, is a bit close. Donā€™t think thereā€™s anything you can really do about it though tbh without you running some mad weird spacers. I was eyeing a very similar build to that, now Iā€™m reconsidering lol

1 Like

I can pack the wheels outwards an extra 5mm, but that wonā€™t make much of a difference. Maybe this is an older Evo deck, itā€™s about 40" with steeper wedging, and what seems like a thicker construction, compared to my other Evo. More angle means more turning, which might be too much with those wheels.
Iā€™ll try on the other deck to see if it is the same.

1 Like

That hit so hard :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Miso is the best though

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking about extending my usb from the esc, to outside the enclosure, so I can do setting changes without Bluetooth and I donā€™t have to open up the enclosure

5 Likes

Also thought about doing that but vibrations might damage the port on the vesc

Magnetic usb type c might work slightly better if you glue it in place

4 Likes

amass as120-M :grin:
Reply to "Pictures and nothing else" thread
yet to be tried but me and @zach have some to test. My buls is a fair way off from being completed unfortunatley (1-3 months)

2 Likes

Buy a metr pro you wont ever think about plug in a usb cable again. But if you have tolook at a waterproof solution combine this with a 90 degree usbc adapter. #Aliexpress AU $10.72 5%OFF | 30cm USB-C IP67 Waterproof Cable type-c 3.1 IP 67 Male to Female Panel Mount Water Proof Connector Extension cord

1 Like

Hi, I am currently constructing my first build, (iā€™ve already ordered and received all my parts) and I was wondering about enclosures and how to give my self easy access to batteries for charging as well as making both enclosures, (i am using a boosted loaded vanguard deck) sit flush with the concave of the deck. my main concern currently is that Iā€™m not sure how to make a battery enclosure that can be opened easily without needing to unscrew the entire thing. is it possible to use magnets (just for the top layer of the enclosure) or is there an easier method iā€™m missing.

Look for a panel mount usb c extension cable so you can mount it nice and flush. Preferably with a dust cover

1 Like

Hi wondering if someone can quickly design a 3d print file (.stl) that is a replica of a bearing

Basically just a circle 28mm diameter 9mm wide

Thanks I need to test if a 638 bearing would work in my situation

I got you bud.

Fivestar Bearing.STL (11.8 KB)

Lets see if this worksā€¦

2 Likes

Cheers can you just quickly confirm it is those dimensions

Thanks a lot

Already did. Itā€™s actually 27.9mm x 9mm because it wonā€™t fit otherwise. Itā€™ll be a tight squeeze already.

2 Likes

are the actual bearings 27.9 or are the actual ones 28

28mm. You just have to account for tolerances in 3d printing

2 Likes

Loaded Vanguard Enclosures are somewhat tricky because the deck is very flexible. I would recommend the Eboosted Enclosure
https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/loaded-vanguard-enclosure-set-12s4p/
If you want to get it water tight you need a big rubber gasket or a cover for the whole enclosure. ( https://tinyurl.com/uvqp6qe)

Most builds dont need swappable Batteries. You can fit a 12s 4p in the EBoosted enclosure. That is enough to go like 40-50 Km if you dont ride to hard. To recharge the Battery you can just drill a hole in the enclosure and fit in a connector for everything you need (usually just a DC plug or XT60/90)

In my opinion removable batteries and magnetic enclosures just make everything unnecessarily complicated. If you need even more range you can build a portable recharger Pack.

1 Like

So these are basically the exact same size as the bearings?