Pneumatic wheels with caliber 2 trucks

I have caliber 2 trucks I’m trying to use in a diy build but I want to use pneumatic wheels with them. Does anyone know of any wheels that will fit the standard skate truck?

1 Like

Psychotiller Six-shooters and Haggy Bergmeisters, and I think Surfnacho’s hubs also accept classic bearings

1 Like

Would they fit the small axel length that skate trucks have?

1 Like

psychotiller do for sure, I think the infinity hubs need longer axles but could be wrong

1 Like

Six-shooters and Bergmeisters definitely work

2 Likes

It’s sucks but the Bergmeisters are unobtainable right now and the six shooters are out of my price range. Seems like I need to bite the bullet and buy some different trucks.

2 Likes

You can also buy different hangers for your caliber trucks, like the BN220, and on top of the longer shoulder bolts allowing many options in terms of wheels, it will also give a bit more width, some more clearance that is much welcome once you use larger wheels, and it’ll let you fit a pair of bigger motors.

4 Likes

I strongly recommend you get these

With standart caliber you will get unstable in turns and you might even get a wheel off the ground if you turn hard enough (bn 220 are wider so it’s a lot more difficult to do, I’ve never managed to do it). Also, wheelbite it’s going to be a problem in almost all decks!

1 Like

+1 on a better hanger/axles if it’s an option.

I believe Hoyt St is using a Caliber type design and they have 5” wheels coming out this summer. Not sure if they’ll be sold on their own, but it’s pretty likely given that they offer other drivetrain bits.

1 Like

I would get something like bn270 to avoid wheelbite. 220’s are alittle tight for pnematics. Then you could get the at gear drives

2 Likes

I got the BN220s on advice from this board and with my trucks and deck there is plenty of room no chance of wheel bite:
EDIT: WRONG see next post

I personally wouldn’t want them to be any wider. Wider would be more stable but I feel like 220 strikes the size/stability balance.

1 Like

Wait sorry I need to change my story.
That was a picture of my board with the evolve trucks on.
This is it with the BN220s and the RKP trucks along side:

The RKP trucks are the same width but pull the wheels in closer to the board front and back so they work with the 110mm wheels but I actually probably would have wheel bite if I put the 7" pnuematics on the RKP trucks with the BN220 hangers.

Yeah maybe 270 is the answer after all.

2 Likes

you can run surf rodz to get what you wanted

OP if you do consider BN220 with pneumatics and your board has a similar shape to mine let me know… I’ll put that together and take a picture so we can see the wheel bite situation - I’m kinda curious myself if I could run that configuration actually.

1 Like

I’ve used BN220 with the cheap ali express 6x2" on an Evo deck. No wheel bite as such, but the overhanging tip of my front foot can touch the wheel when leaning hard. I had to be a bit more careful about my foot position, slightly more angle, and not wedged too hard against the front drop to reduce that toe overhang. After a bit of re-training it was no issue.

But yeah, 270 would give more clearance for wider knobbier tires, but then it starts to get very wide and silly

2 Likes

I have a dropped through Santa Cruz

I’m honestly really considering the 270 ones because they come with the 10mm axel so I can fit more hub sizes, I’m also wanting to get 8 inch wheels so wider hangers would definitely be better for wheelbite

Wider trucks are less responsive which for me means less stable.

Just hilight this part.

I agree I can get better stability by turning the bushings and angle trucks but most people say wider trucks feel more stable.

If it’s any ting like boats there’s primary and secondary stability. A novice prefers primary stability we’re a more advanced person can do more with the secondary stability

1 Like

Sure, it’s entirely your choice to go wider and 10mm. I was more focusing on a street build with urethane wheels, that can happily take some 6x2 pneumies. And the BN220 are just fine for that. It’s also not silly looking with TB110 and cloudwheels. I can’t imagine riding anything wider on that board. But we’re all different!