Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Yeah what I just said. lol. Motor can go above battery, not the other way.

2 Likes

Lol brain wasnā€™t on :sweat_smile:

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I got my understanding correct

1 Like

I seem to remember a while back a discussion on this very subject. In fact I think and again I am working with a very shaky memory here that @mmaner set up a flipper 4.20 like this but I could be wrong

its been a long time since I have been wrong butā€¦

1 Like

Yep, it was a FlipSky 100a dual, not the plus versionā€¦ If I remember correctly. I had issues with FOC at 59a, I was successful at 40a battery and 60a motorā€¦ if I remember correctly.

1 Like

How can we build a 100 MPH board?

2 Likes

The current world record is 59.55 mph. Letā€™s start there.

5 Likes

Cutout the middle part and go straight to thisā€¦

7 Likes

guaranteed results following this plan
phase 1: lots of batteries
phase 2:
phase 3: profit

2 Likes

20s 14T/44T gearing 220kv 8" pneumatics
$2 million term life policy
$5 million umbrella liability insurance policy
pilot who wonā€™t think too hard about it before taking it for a ride like @Arzamenable

i got no business answering this question, iā€™ll wet my pants north of 25mph

8 Likes

Is that moes unofficial or the crazy eastern european whos wheel came off over the line?

1 Like

quit trying to use a water bottle to turn. you just end up spilling it, making a mess, and telling a story no one believes.

4 Likes

my presumption is @BillGordon is referring to the Guinness book record from Slovenia

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/401112-fastest-speed-on-an-electric-skateboard?fb_comment_id=1081233921901628_1857746150917064#:~:text=

2 Likes

Who will ride a 100mph board?

2 Likes

there are (2) clear candidates
@Arzamenable
@Underoath888

9 Likes

That one. Mischa Urban, I believe. I think Moe and company have gone faster than that, but not officially. Then thereā€™s our friend Fastboardā€¦

3 Likes

Thats the fella.

1 Like

Add Mikeā€™s roommate Rob. Or put a bowl of Spicy Miso at the finish line and turn Tim loose.

7 Likes

Were they the nextboard guys? That funny @longhairedboy video basically junking most of the innards?

That speed run video is actually a good watch. Guys ditches over the line at 60 odd. Then completes a run and both wheels come off the back and he rides it out. Say what you like about the board but the rider has mad skills.

7 Likes

I believe so. Yeah, full respect for his skills.

3 Likes

Appreciate the confidence. Late night Friday night mike says, ā€œwhy notā€.

Sunday early evening mike getting ready for Monday says, please cc @JaysTCB @MoeStooge @mario @robbie @timdel , has anyone seen my stethoscope? Where is the receipt for my uniform dry cleaning?

5 Likes