Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

i did order regular one (without magic R), are you sure about that “racing” thing?

The regular one works too, you can apply vinyl to your motors to make up for the lost power

well, I was almost sure that you were messing around with that ‘R’ but I had to ask :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:joy: I made a hidden note in that post. The R is specs how it’a bulk packaged depending on if it’s being manually placed or machine placed.

1 Like

80A each will end up at 160A being drawn from battery. I am not an expert, but it can lead to battery being damaged.

Can anybody give some more feedback about that?

1 Like

Oh I have a 12s6p 21700 30T. So if I’m correct it should be able to handle 210A???

You’re running 4wd? I.e. 80A per unity?

1 Like

I’m the one running 80/Unity. Wondering if I up it to 100/unity I’ll get some more top end ???

Oh yeah, you can bump to 100 no prob. You should get more punch towards 70-80% of top speed

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking just needed confirmation from someone that actually knows stuff. Thanks @BluPenguin as usual. Savin the day

@xycthe
Welcome Victor! you likely cannot open a new thread b/c you are new to the forum. one of the mods can help you. I am uncertain about a distinct boosted board thread but i believe @jeffwuneo can procure parts for boosted as needed.

If i’m not mistaken we already have an open thread for Enertion parts here.

While you are waiting on your improved level why not drop by this thread and introduce yourself

@anorak234 @BillGordon @Dareno @jamie @mmaner @Sender @Zach

3 Likes

I bumped your level, you should be able to create topics and PMs now. Welcome.

5 Likes

@BillGordon ^ mmaner is taking yer jeeerb

6 Likes

@mmaner is superior to me in every respect. I bow in his direction and back away into the trash bins behind the 7-11.

7 Likes

Whatever dude, I start shit and make jokes. You’re the backbone here.

4 Likes

It’s impossible to be humble with that majestic beard. The massage table is in position, I’m wearing a flimsy robe as requested, and I’ve warmed the essential oils.

4 Likes

If your trying to get me to Asia (good hospitals, n95 masks, quarentime protocols and people that know how to use them) all you need is an invitation and beer :grin:.

5 Likes

When a vesc lists it’s current rating, they are referring to battery side right? I’m 99% that’s right but suddenly doubting myself.

Well, both really. The battery current can’t really exceed motor current, so…

2 Likes

Wait, I thought it can? Otherwise why set motor max more than battery max?