Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Perfect, that’s exactly what i was looking for. Thank you :grinning:

Do you have a link to your monster by any chance ?

1 Like

Thank you, it’s nice to see that i’m starting to understant stuff ^^

I would recommend it unless you have heaps of space i am goung to have to reengineer it so heat sink is external to enclosure this baby heats up fast the 4 amp must use a super efficent buck its happy to sit in a sealed enclosure with just a raspberry pi 3 headsink add putting out close to 4 amps. I will dig up the link from my banggood emails. I need 8 amps to drive my rgb matrix display so I am hoping 1/2 brightness and avoiding gifs with lots of white will only draw 4 amps. As i need the other 3a for esp32 to run display and control side ws2812 strips talt to the vesc and do the brake lights. Couldnt find on banggood but here is a similar unit on ebay at 4 amps the heatsinks get hot recommend bigger heatsink and maybe fan mine came with an enclosure and was nearly twice : ( you got me thinking I may be better off using 2 x 4a bucks instead)

Matrix goodness 64 x 32

1 Like

Holly shit that’s not a skate, it’s a full imax. Don’t bother with the link i found some stuff on ali express that fits my needs. It was a few clicks away in recommended products in the link you gave me. Big thanks to you :grinning:.

I question my sanity on this build slash experiment its not going to be a every day board. Lucky it has a 32 amp battery.

1 Like

Huhu, that’s the kind of stuff i want to do, over the top absolutely useless but enjoyable.

I’ll probably do the same 2x5A, cheaper and more manageable heat and space wise.

I looked a this, but, no, just no :
#DC-DC Buck Module 12 V-72 V à 0-60 V 12A
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32864339539.html

Yeah I had a semi when I saw the specs then when I saw it…there is an exponential correlation with amps and how ridicules the cooling has to be. I also have a hobbyking buck on order too. but 2 x 4a might be the simplist solution.

How much does your board weigh…My setup seems like it’s about 50+ lbs.

If I have two single 4.12 vescs connected via CAN bus, can I use both uart ports? One for the remote and one for a davega display?

1 Like

Use this guy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W8UTRJA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

1 Like

There are some extremely compact and highly efficient DC-DC converter modules out there designed for railway applications and the like, such as this tiny monster. 18-72v in, 5v 10a out, and up to 91% efficiency.

It’s even cheaper than that aliexpress item you linked, at a fraction of the size - 33.0 x 22.8 x 9.5mm.

5 Likes

Is the vesc-project page working for people? It’s completely dead for me. If possible, can someone direct me to some other firmware versions?

This what you’re looking for?

2 Likes

Thank you! But also on a separate note, is vesc-project down and if so why?

Not loading for me either. Maybe maintenance or something.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming! I think it’s been down all day. I tried earlier this morning and still nothing

If you are looking for Vedder version 4.1 and OS Linux, then I have a copy.

I also have Ackmaniac 2.54 for Windows and Linux and mac something

I also have Ackmaniac 3.103 for Windows (the Linux version is broken)

I mean if the site is down and you need something now.

4 Likes

we need a repository here

2 Likes

You can also go to github and download the source and compile it yourself but that takes longer than asking for it.

1 Like

Oh here is Ack 3.102 built for Linux

2 Likes