Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

anyone know where i can buy replacement batteries from riptide boards? they are currently sold out on their website. preferably the R1X

Yes you can

1 Like

Having issues programming my remote. Remote programs and tracks fine while programming with the vesc tool but afterwards, the smallest throttle input results in 100% throttle. Any ideas?

Look at Duty Cycle, it just seems to automatically ramp to 100.

Anyone using this bms?

2 Likes

There is a thread on these, it’s not a BMS, it’s a charge balancer

I want one myself :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, kinda misleading they put bms in the title.

So it’s a Balancer, what’s the difference between this and a bms that balances? My first battery had the bms preinstalled, my second battery was just a temporary one the bms was damaged it was 10s2p so I just removed the balancer and ran it. My battery I’m building now is 10s1p. Trying to find a direction with bms/balancing. Budget and space constraints in mind.

1 Like

This will only do balancing. You don’t charge through it and you don’t discharge through it.
I have one and did some test with it; didn’t like it.
The balancing accuracy is pretty low. It will keep your highest and lowest P-groups within ~100mV, pretty bad.

edit: If space is limited, consider doing external balancing with no BMS/PCM onboard at all, that’s what I’m doing. Less stuff to break in the board too.

2 Likes

Hi guys. My motor and Vesc have 10 awg wires and 5.5 bullet connectors and I need to use extensions between them with MR60 connectors and 12 awg. Do you think this might cause any problems?
Gracias!

It’s fine as long as the solder joints are sounds. Also, use heat shrink.

1 Like

I got an ABS_Overcurrent fault today. Any help on making it not happen again?

1 Like

Use less current.

5 Likes

what hardware and firmware are you running when you receive this fault? do you have metr or some other telemetry?

1 Like

My 10s charger just shorted and i don’t know why.

I checked continuity and everything is like it should.

5 Likes

So now that i got my 3rd set of tires that still wobble it can only be the hubs.

First set mbs t1 → bad batch resulted in a bigger bead
second set mbs t3 → oval bead/crooked
third set ali tires → look and feels right but still wobble almost like the ones before.

Anyone got some trampa, mbs plastic hubs or something?

Is your hub wobbling without tyres?

Anybody?

The inner silver ring definitely yes. The rest is hard to see but there is some slight left right wobble

Does somebody know if the MBS rockstar pro and MBS rockstar 2 have the same bolt pattern? (Wheel pulley has to fit)

Also whats the difference between

Fivestar, Twistar and Rockstar 2?

EDIT : ok, the twistar just twists together

EDIT : thanks @Venom121212 for the answer :stuck_out_tongue: Are you still rocking the fivestars?

2 Likes

Maytech ESC got this error while trying out FOC, I assume it will die soon right?

1 Like

Bad connection? Is the receiver in a CF box or something?