Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Fivestar, rockstar 2, and rockstar pro all have the same bolt spacing, just different widths bearing to bearing.

Not sure on the twistar but they’re shit.

2 Likes

Ok so either the fivestar or rockstar 2 would be an option to swap against my rockstar pro. I just want the wobble to stop

1 Like

Yes. Fivestar can take a larger range of tire diameters too. 6.5"-10" last I checked.

1 Like

Currently developing software for a remote. Hence this question:

What is a conservative and safe max erpm to load as a default? E.g. what erpm can the worst VESC handle?

1 Like

60k on 4.xx vesc. Newer is higher.

2 Likes

I think 100k on vesc6 (max)

1 Like

Fivestars are ordered :ok_hand:

MBS disappears more and more from my board.

Bought new non mbs tires
bought trampa truck
well except the hubs for now from Rockstar pro to fivestars.

Soon the deck will follow from mbs comp 95 bird to trampa whatever deck

1 Like

Can I dye rubber tires like I can thanes? I’m trying but it doesn’t seem to work

1 Like

I assume if it’s already black it can’t get to a lighter color?

1 Like

Evolve had purple 7” knobbies on sale for $12. I’m trying to dye them black @BluPenguin

2 Likes

Ah interesting. I wonder if the vulcanized rubber can’t be dyed like other rubbers can.

1 Like

I’ve got some hot pink condoms that beg to differ.

Just kidding, condoms are for losers.

5 Likes

I was implying dye can’t be added after the vulcanizing process… So that makes it extra concerning. :joy:

Boil your condoms to sanitize and re-use them. Add some dye for cool effects.

2 Likes

Tell that to college Justin :joy:

1 Like

It’s been like four hours

4 Likes

You’re speaking to someone who knocked up their then-girlfriend-now-wife while in college so I suppose you win this round :woozy_face:

5 Likes

3 Likes

For real though, vulcanized rubbers can’t be dyed, pending some industrial process none of us can afford.

You can paint it though which could look cool. The purple would start showing on the treads with wear but the rest of the tire would remain painted.

Just to be clear, it’s not “just painting”, you need to buy pool shock and dilute it in hexane or a similar solvent. This chlorinates your tires and makes them accept most topical treatments.

4 Likes

I mean. I made them look dirty.

1 Like

I hope your charge port was fused

3 Likes