Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Not this one. My main 10s4p 30q battery is.

The pack that i used was my old Wowgo 10s2p panasonic pack.

Tested the charger again with a spare charge Port and it worked like it should. Still not sure why it shorted.

1 Like

You jump at every opportunity don’t you

2 Likes

At what point are two motors better then one. Currently I have 2 x flipsky 5065 motors, and one 6374 sk3 motor. I have everything I need to run the 2 flipsky motors. Would it be more beneficial to run the smaller dual motors, or the bigger one motor

1 Like

Braking. The two smaller motors will give much better braking. Also IF it’s wired for it, two motors can give you a way to get home on one motor if something on the other drive train breaks. But mostly for braking, because a Lyft is only a few minutes away in the worst-case scenario. (If you’re in a big city, anyway)

4 Likes

I would get that by running the two vescs with a split pwm cable?

Which provides better torque/acceleration?

Edit: not taking into consideration the different gear ratios and kv. I mean just on average

Not exactly, because one of the two dying can bring down the other one since you should only use one of them to supply the 5V power and ground to the radio receiver.

1 Like

That’s a hard question. Does money matter? Is space at a premium? What kind of deck is it? How much space do you have? Is there a tail?

Recently, I’ve started to prefer a single @torqueboards 6380 motor.

1 Like

I meant between the dual smaller motors or the single bigger motor.

Then what would be the best way to wire the two vescs?

Depends on many things. What remote are you using?

1 Like

The vx1, which can use uart or ppm (but actually pwm)

I think your options are limited to single receiver with that remote.

Most likely. Could I somehow run a converter to supply 5v directly from the battery?

This will do that; I use these for board lighting. However I wouldn’t, I’d just use split PWM and connect only the signal wire to one of the ESCs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W8UTRJA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Is a single 6374 build strong enough to haul a 200lb person up a medium hill (like a real hill, but not quite SF steep)?
(Planning a build for a friend on a budget)

Yes, I am 220lb and I frequently carry over 50lbs of cargo up and down hills. The ramps in our parking structure are very steep, as well as all the roads going down to the river landing area.

A single 6355 is NOT sufficient. (brakes are terrible)
A single 6374 is sufficient. (brakes are okay)
A single TB 6380 is much, much better. (brakes are stiff)

I run the TB6380 at
motor current max 80A
motor current min -48.5A
battery current max 29.2A
battery current min -14.8A
absolute maximum current 160A

4 Likes

Thank you!
Then I guess the decision is mostly between:
6374 with a FSESC 6.6
Or
Dual 6355 with two FSESC 4.12

The dual will likely be stronger in accelerating and braking, but with the single you can get a more reliable ESC. I am not sure what is better long term.

The 6.6. More room to upgrade.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d do a single on the rear heelside

3 Likes

Interesting, why heelside?