Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Sorry to keep asking. But do you know which would provide more power? 2 flipsky 5065 or 1 sk3 6374?

Probably could get more power from the two 5065, but I would use Racerstar 5065 and run them unsensored.

1 Like

Look buddy, Im currently like 15,000 in debt and itā€™s only my second semester. Iā€™m barley making due with what I have :joy::joy::joy:

PS: Iā€™m joking, not really mad

1 Like

Whatā€™s the advantage of unsensored?

Sure, but the motors I suggested were about the same price. Youā€™ll save a lot more by going single drive with a 6374 or a 6380, because you only need one ESC.

In my experience, the sensors are almost always the first thing that breaks. If youā€™re not using them ā€¦ then your board just keeps running. Also, itā€™s much easier and cleaner to run only 3 wires and use an MR60 connector. You can epoxy that into the enclosure for a nice watertight connection. Not so much if you also have 5 or 6 sensor wires per motor.

Why havenā€™t you programmed a chat bot that parses your response history yet?

6 Likes

Ohhh I see, what I meant was that i currently have those three motors and everything. I was wondering what I should put on for the time being until I can afford nicer motors

Surprise, I am a chatbot. Nobody would know, because there are no other esk8ers here anyway :rofl:

4 Likes

So thatā€™s why youā€™re so afraid of water

Did I pass the turing test?

2 Likes

As long as itā€™s not raining

3 Likes

Seems to work better. No big deal. Someone could ride your board goofy anyway. They do work both ways. Iā€™d do heelside if given the choice.

1 Like
  1. what problems might i encounter when riding (or more generally) if i have a caliber II truck on the front and a Bourdnamics 220mm hanger in a Caliber II baseplate on the rear? (front and rear will have the same cal II 50 degree baseplate)

2. also a bit confused as to why Bourdnamics 220mm hanger can accomodate up to 2 x 6380 motors, whereas the Caliber II which is 10 inchs / 254mm (34mm wider than the BDā€™s) is too narrow for dual 6374ā€™s or above?

Nope, connection seems to be ruled out because the bar is steady when I paired it with another VX1 remote that I haveā€¦

Maybe something in the remote itself but I do not know what is causing thisā€¦

I want to 3d print sleeves that go completely over my motor (to prevent debris and water from getting in)

Iā€™m concerned about the slots that are in the motors, would this mess up cooling?

1 Like

I printed myself sleeves a year ago, thats still the first set, no cuts or anything broken. Printed with flexible TPU in the mode ā€œSpiralise outer contourā€ (Vase mode) The motors definitely see an increase in temps but thats by all means not a huge margin.

Color is black because i only had white at that time.
I usually put them on if i know it gets dirty,muddy,wet or rocky. They just slide on and off.

8 Likes

What tolerance did you use? Iā€™m thinking just making the diameter 51mm for my 50mm motor so it slides on easily

1 Like

the torqueboard motors (6374) have a outer diameter of roughly 63.80mm The file i have from the sleeve is 64.14mm with a line width of 0.4mm, so technically 16mm per side (but somehow that sounds a bit much).

Canā€™t say 100% because i used different slicer settings back then.

I printed several prototypes to get the best fit.

2 Likes

Just wired up a new board and the charger is only charging @ 300mA. Iā€™m trying to figure out if itā€™s me or the hardwareā€¦ I have a smart bms wired charge-only to a 12S 10AH battery, and Iā€™m charging with a 12S 8A lipo charger (links below). I havenā€™t used this charger before, and I donā€™t have a power supply handy. The BMS app doesnā€™t appear to have any settings concerning charge rateā€¦ Could I be missing something obvious?

BMS:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32819508078.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dMmR0ir
Charger:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824519129.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d6EMf4A