Apex Jump Drive

Those are really nice, great job!! You definitely put some thought I to these. I too would love to hear what they sound like. Keep up the great work gents!

2 Likes

Its kind of hard to show but basically the truck adapter holes dont match the drive holes by a fractional amount.

This means that of the 3 bolt holes in each corner, one will always be no less more than 3 degrees from lining up with a threaded hole.

10 Likes

Yep yep, awesome! So each set of holes has a different spacing.

2 Likes

I think most who want them have ridden smaller mod gears so the mesh feel you mention isn’t there or is much less noticeable.

1 Like

Yeah I love it. Hard engagements, lots of noise, no extra bearings :drooling_face:

I know what you mean though. Helical is smoother.

2 Likes

These light mounts are :fire::fire::fire: love it.

1 Like

i agree

(not jump drives)

i’ll see myself out now :wave:

3 Likes

They sound great! Sounded nice from the start, and a lot quieter than I expected from steel on steel. Doing a lot of cycle path miles as well as off road, so I like a quiet drive train to keep other path users happy. Got quieter as they got run in too. They’re whirring away nicely!

4 Likes

If your going places where hardware failure isn’t an option, then Jump drives are the answer.

@BigBen

17 Likes

I deffo got high that week until the snow slowed me down.

20 Likes

These appear to be an Eska8 game changer. Aside from electronics, thane, rubber, bearings, and raw metals, I’ve actually never spent actual $ on Eska8 components. I just found myself checking my bank account, and converting pounds to dollars. Thanks guys!

(edit…very little $)

17 Likes

Why change to dollars to shop in a UK-based shop?
What am I missing here

1 Like

To see what they cost in USD. The pound is worth a bit more than the USD.

5 Likes

Can you please let me know if these will be compatible with the new hypertruck lites?

I ordered the barrel and I would love to stick these on it

2 Likes

hard to know, maybe @Deodand or @Blasto could confirm the hanger profile and axle lengths.

@Savage1 if you go on our website we automatically do the £-$ conversion for you based on the location of your IP address, everything should be showing in USD for you. Thank you for the kind words man, means a lot coming from a designer such as yourself!

9 Likes

Have you thought about making narrower airs?

Having the comfort of the airs with some more agility would be epic

2 Likes

Maybe in the future dude, we’ve got some more stuff trundling through the Apex development cycle that we can announce in due course!

9 Likes

Can’t wait!

Gives a bit of scale

11 Likes

Probably not, the profile itself is 22x22 mm with 3 mm chamfer on two sides and 3.5 mm on the other two, but that extends only 25 mm from the face of the hanger, then there is a raised section for more meat on the threads that secure the motor mount

But if anyone really wanted to use, nothing a quick hacksaw and a little filling to remove the raised section couldn’t fix

6 Likes