Apex Jump Drive

Can you please let me know if these will be compatible with the new hypertruck lites?

I ordered the barrel and I would love to stick these on it

2 Likes

hard to know, maybe @Deodand or @Blasto could confirm the hanger profile and axle lengths.

@Savage1 if you go on our website we automatically do the £-$ conversion for you based on the location of your IP address, everything should be showing in USD for you. Thank you for the kind words man, means a lot coming from a designer such as yourself!

9 Likes

Have you thought about making narrower airs?

Having the comfort of the airs with some more agility would be epic

2 Likes

Maybe in the future dude, we’ve got some more stuff trundling through the Apex development cycle that we can announce in due course!

9 Likes

Can’t wait!

Gives a bit of scale

11 Likes

Probably not, the profile itself is 22x22 mm with 3 mm chamfer on two sides and 3.5 mm on the other two, but that extends only 25 mm from the face of the hanger, then there is a raised section for more meat on the threads that secure the motor mount

But if anyone really wanted to use, nothing a quick hacksaw and a little filling to remove the raised section couldn’t fix

6 Likes

Hi mate

Because Apex Jump Drives are so thin they actually only need 24mm of hanger length on that profile to work so they should fit with the approporiate clamp without any modification to the hanger!

The only question would be on the length of the axles, that would determine if its feasible or not

7 Likes

@ApexBoards
What is this dimension? Basically wondering if 6 in tires will work with these.

4 Likes

Not sure what position it exactly is, but here with 6". Credit Queron

7 Likes

Thanks, that kinda answers my question then. I didn’t see that photo.

4 Likes

yeah it works man. obviously not amazing clearance but useable! Are you thinking about putting these on your TKP? that would be awesome

5 Likes

Yes.

You can see the axel dimensions. The axel flange that tightens to the hanger is 15mm diameter. If the through hole for the adapter is to small, I can open it up like I’ve done for a few BN’s.
I wouldn’t be using mbs or trampa hubs, but I’m sure I could make a wheel adapter to suit whatever hub.
My belt drives suit me just fine riding on the street the way I do. But, I have considered gears for my personal use for awhile, even considered making my own. After seeing these so far……Damn, it’s checking all the boxes, so no need! (But need some for thane as well😉)

15 Likes

Urban Treads are 6.5", but yeah close enough; clearance looks surprisingly good! I wonder if we will get a larger version in the future for 1:8 reduction or something :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I want these so bad, but my wallet says no :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Same boat. :joy:

4 Likes

Maybe :relieved: lots of things to make, so little time.

1 Like

My wallet says no to almost everything, (mainly because I’m a tight wad). But when I see something great, I over rule wallet.
(wife does not always agree with my so called “over ruling” powers though)

5 Likes

See if this helps

4 Likes

Can confirm. This is with offset Phatlads hubs, with rockstar II or fivestar the tyre would sit much closer into the drive.

1 Like