7th build, First Street Carver

Yeah it’s a bummer :pensive: they make really good boards

@bboybowzer Lives in that area and was telling me on telegram
Everything on their site right now is what they have in stock once they sell out they’re done

1 Like

I use concave pads on my trampa board, which adds concave and feels pretty great.

Trampa now also offer some kind of concave pads on their boards.

The Haero Bro is a bit lighter and quite a bit stiffer than a trampa deck and already has good concave built in.

2 Likes

I found this compare quite interesting…

3 Likes

Interesting comment right here about Haero from Ernesto

2 Likes

Get the Haero… I’ve ridden the Kaly multiple times and it’s just not the same. If you want the flex, get the medium flex for the Haero. Had plenty of flex in it.

2 Likes

You have a flux deck right? What made you want the Haero? This thread had me leaning towards Flux since I’ll be doing mostly street riding. prototipo vs flux motion

3 Likes

@Static
So dude.

I was where you are maybe a year and a half ago.

First my made an off-road emtb off of Mbs.

Fell in love with the Matrix II trucks.

Then I made a Haero based street carver.

It became my favorite.

The I made a Flux based street carver that has actual range.

And it is now my favorite.

He Haero is a sweet deck. But I am 6 ft and wear size 11. And now I prefer all the room I have to spread out on the Flux.

6 Likes

I had a flux, and it’s definitely a great deck. But if you’re going off road with it, the Haero is a better choice.

3 Likes

@rafaelinmissouri Thanks my man. This was the comparison I needed. I think our preferences are pretty similar and you’ve already made the same jump from urethane street boards to MTB. Both decks look great on your setups. Flux deck might just be alright, now I’m leaning this way.

@Taraskasyanyuk thanks definitely makes sense

1 Like

if you really wanna know before taking the plunge, I am just a 5 hour drive away…

so, you can come and try them out.

before getting the flux actually running, I was pretty worried it would not turn well because of how giant it was…

but the Matrix II trucks are magical in the best way.

2 Likes

And I’m an hour away :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome man. I was thinking the same thing. I’ve ridden a couple old school wide and flat downhill decks that were making me think this. Now I’m excited to try channel trucks

1 Like

Might have to do that once it stops snowing in April lol, or the very least a group ride.

4 Likes

I feel the same way about mine. on medium shock blocks its an absolute mosquito but still stable at “fast enough” speeds.

3 Likes

High speed carve setup with barrels:

3 Likes

K ever since i saw the title ive been itching to shitpost so here we go, maybe someone more talented can put a spooky skate in the picture

2 Likes

Are you mostly going to be doing road riding?

Honostly MBS complete is pretty solid as the starting point for an entry level build.
Example:
MBS DWII First Impression - ESK8 Builds - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board (yes evil I know my older builds are still there)

If you want to make it rain haero and 3ds finality is really nice combo
Example:

Deck wise Haero really stand out on top. I tried colab, trampa, mbs and still like haero the most.
I still have a full trampa build though for the days when I want something lighter / livelier. Daily rider is haero. If i can only pick one deck and I had no budget issue its hearo. But as you can see I wound up just buying them all and hoarding them :stuck_out_tongue:

Pick for deck comparision. The trampa deck is a carver not the fullsize deck.

4 Likes

Got the flux deck… I’ll be mostly on street. I’m excited, even more so because I’ve basically halved my assembly process with that combo.

I’ll try a Haero deck at some point. Gotta get my feet wet with off road first.

Now the question of trucks

MBS trucks should be in stock tomorrow. But I’m seeing a lot of new trucks here in development so I don’t know. Need something stable up to 40mph. Hypertrucks were on the list but I don’t see much info about higher speed setups.

Also thanks for the recommendations :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do love me some matrix trucks.

Not a lot of people zooming them up to 40 though. I’d run orange bushings front and red rear if you go that route. Yellow/orange is great for carving and is my normal setup but it should probably be tighter for speed runs.

1 Like

Pretty sure I can dial in M2s for speed. @Skyart is topping 40 on them. I’m on the fence though, do I want to go with some trucks developed specifically for eskate/mounts?