prototipo vs flux motion

so there has been a lot of reaction to the Flux Motion decks involving conparisons to the prototipo from lacroix.

i happened to have both in my shop for about a day so i thought id post side by side pics so everyone can see the differences.

main differences are the cutout shape is different, the camber of the lacroix is absent on the flux, and the flux is noticeably larger.

the shapes are similar enough though that you could instinctively make the comparison and not realize the differences unless both right in front of you.

20 Likes

I thought that they were being compared to the Nazare and Lonestar decks right?

11 Likes

yeah this is the comparison everyone has been drawing. They look MUCH closer to each other than the prototipo.

That said, they are definitely different decks. The Nazare has a much more complex concave pattern, and looks like it would lock in your feet a little better than the Flux deck, which appears to have a much more simple, minimal concave.

The base outlines of both are very similar, however.

2 Likes

I tested both and the Flux has the more comfortable deck for me. I like the larger size and the milder concave. It is also stiffer. The Flux has a slightly chamber as well.

4 Likes

Everyone who has commented to me directly about the flux has mentioned the protipo, which i thought was odd too.

I wish I had the other two models for comparison. Maybe somebody here has one of those and a flux and can post pics.

3 Likes

There is no real comparison between prototipo and flux.
Flux is hand on hand with Nazare. Even then I feel like flux outshines Nazare imo

Flux has enough flex to where The ride is comfortable yet it doesn’t feel like you’re riding on a noodle

8 Likes

A nice comparison should include various decks (and copycats) from different manufacturers sharing similar camber, concave or flex, the same (or similar) configuration, deck outline, style, size, or category. Let’s say:

• LaCroix Prototipo
  • LaCroix Nazare
  • Fluxmotion Flux Deck
  • Psychotiller Khymera
  • Kaly.nyc XL Deck
  • Electric Board Solutions MTB Deck (Flux 1.0)
3 Likes

That was referred to Flux and Nazare.

1 Like

Is evident in this image how the Flux deck is slimmer than the fattier Lonestar deck. Never liked LCx’s whaling barge look :nauseated_face:.

2 Likes

Haha. Hater :rofl:

2 Likes

Absolutely :laughing:

1 Like

No, it’s not. The Flux is about 1cm wider.

3 Likes

Flux is hand on hand with Nazare. Even then I feel like flux outshines Nazare imo

Very much like dis :point_up_2::grin:

1 Like

No, it’s not. The Flux is about 1cm wider.

Well, certainly its the optics, angle perception or proportions which helps the Flux pretty well because it looks like a more proportional deck than the Lonestar. Is like going out with an ugly chic.

1 Like

I think big part of why Nazare looks bigger are hypertrucks

3 Likes

I think is the shape. Looks like a hybrid cross between a hog and a centipede! Colors are :nauseated_face:. Like a Hot Wheels cast model from the 80’s. Deck profile is not appealing. Hypertrucks are awesome, not worthy of such an ugly board.

2 Likes

I just realized I’ve never seen Hypertrucks on a MBS Comp 95 or Dylan Warren deck yet, I think if someone does that and does tanker batteries it would look dope, or at least very futuristic

4 Likes

Yeah, those aren’t classic carver decks. They’ve usually got bindings and knobbie tires. You might be able to pull it off aesthetically, but I wager it’d ride like poo.

2 Likes

Are Hypertrucks not meant to go off road? And can you not put road tires on them?

1 Like

You can put road tires on them, but those decks are holding you back on the road. Would love to see/hear about some hypertruck offroading experience, haha.

2 Likes