prototipo vs flux motion

They are designed for a street board after all.

Might be too wide for a lot of off road trails.

I rip offraod with hypertrucks.
Tear the onewheelers new assholes all day.
Iā€™m in south Florida, so itā€™s mostly dirt/grass/sand.
Not too many hills or rocks

3 Likes

that sugar sand wants wide tires too.

3 Likes

Apart from the width and the pain of putting scratches on them, no reason to not get them dirty :smile:

1 Like

I mean personally they are WAY too wide, even the Matrix II pushes it for me, I want like Matrix II Shorts or something and fat tires but that doesnā€™t look like it will be a thing

3 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of the width, much preferred over 220mm type truck

1 Like

They are designed for a street board after all.

If that so, why they never came with street wheels (??) Baffles me. Should come with some nasty looking wide rubberized race wheels or smthng.

Hypertrucks look ridiculous by being so wide and with nice thick axles but sporting such narrow pneumies :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I am of the firm belief that it should be the other way around, double wides on half with trucks? :ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Donā€™t they? They arenā€™t off road wheels are they?

He means PU wheels. The Lacroix are ATs.
You canā€™t mount small wheels on the Nazare due to the lack of clearance. A friend of mine tried 150mm on his Lonestar and switched back to 200mm after slamming the enclosures on the ground.

2 Likes

Equivalent to people who lower their cars too much and scrape all the time lmao

1 Like

Well yeah. They are the Cadillac of esk8. PU doesnā€™t offer the soft smoth ride most lacroix ownerā€™s want.

2 Likes

This is very true. Theyā€™re basically super floaty magic carpets.

4 Likes

They are going borderline not-skateboard for me. :rofl:

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the flux vs a kaly? Im looking at getting a carver and leaning toward a flux but I really like the kaly deck as well.

2 Likes

Haha.
I can tell you all about flux. Sadly Iā€™ve never owned a new style of the kaly deck but if we go back to when kaly was building based on trampa decks Iā€™d say Meh. Flux all day everyday specially for road riding itā€™s hard to tame spring trucks compared to anything on matrix with shockblocks

Also I was never a fan of the arched deck and at times it felt a little cramped where with flux youā€™ll have all the room in the world to even nap when youā€™re out riding :rofl:

Good luck :ok_hand:t3:

5 Likes

What @CiscoV said

I did a build for my cousin using the new Kaly and I have a flux. Not a fan at all of the arch, but itā€™s a beautiful deck. Def love my flux a lot more.

Also, matrix 2s all the way :love_you_gesture:t3:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve ridden a new kaly on and off road, i just rebuilt a battery for one and also put a stormcore in it. Iā€™ll take his modified kiteboard offroad any day. Iā€™m still new to the flux but i really like it (what i was able to do with a customerā€™s, anyway) and can see what @CiscoV is saying for sure. Iā€™ll have more opinions in about a month when iā€™ve had mine finished for a minute.

3 Likes

ALSO I would like to throw some more bs out there.

Biggest flaw I see with kaly is that abs enclosure. IT WILL CRACK ON YOU
Iā€™ve seen countless of his enclosures cracking up witch is not necessarily a bad thing but itā€™s a little bug that most peep arenā€™t koo with.

Idk why Ernesto hasnā€™t done anything to improve that. He should be on fiberglass by now imo

2 Likes

Lmao funny you say that, my cousin has had his MAYBE a month and itā€™s cracked halfway down the middle. Thing is gonna fall off soon.

1 Like