7th build, First Street Carver

I’ve seen all your pictures and I’ve finally been swayed. I think I’m going to try to start building my first eMTB/ pneumatic setup but I guess that depends heavily on what’s available. Is it possible to get a Kaly deck+ enclosure or something similar? Not a bindings guys, wanting more of a street/urban setup with 200x50 or 200x75s. Most MBS parts are still out of stock. I think this is going to be tough to accumulate parts for this one. But here’s what’s on the shelf ready so far.

Part stock:

-UBOX, Xenith
-Maytech 6374s
-200mm Surf rodz (yea or no?)
-60x p42a cells
-80x vtc5a

Trucks and drivetrain are undecided, but I think a narrower profile looks better. Any recommendations welcome really haven’t been paying much attention to MTB parts. To be honest I’ve built like 6/7 street boards and only one had six shooters for a day which immediately ran a flat. So I’ve never really ridden pneumatics either.

A couple of these are gone:

Thanks!

7 Likes

This might be too narrow for an MTB, I think for a true MTB feel you should try MTB trucks. Matrix2 ride really well

5 Likes

I’d actually like to try channel trucks. But what drivetrain since the trucks+drivetrain seem to be more of a combo thing here?

2 Likes

Here’s what I would recommend as a starting point. You can use this list to start comparison shopping the difference options out there.

Haero Bro deck
MBS Matrix ii trucks
MBS Rockstar ii wheels (kenda 200x50 tires)
@Boardnamics M1 AT gear drive or @moon gear drive
Top mounted 12s5p with your P42A’s
Xenith, maybe on an Infinity Sink heatsink
Slap that all in a cheap pelican-knockoff case.

That would be a rugged, fun build. I’m a big fan of top-mounting the electronics, even if you plan to mostly ride on the road. It makes things much easier and cleaner, as well as more rugged and waterproof.

Yes, but I would recommend against it. I’ve got two friends who have switched or are looking to switch from that deck to the Bro, because the kaly deck isn’t super comfortable for them.

6 Likes

You’ve got many options, whats your budget?

2 Likes

Budget is pretty open (not hypertrucks kinda open lol) Probably don’t want to go any bigger than 60 21700s since I don’t want the weight to be obnoxious. Course I don’t have a point of comparison here either.

2 Likes

no bindings? Top mount is certainly more obtainable. I could hold out for a nice undermount deck tho

1 Like

The Hypertrucks kit is actually a really good deal when you consider everything that comes with it.

Its literally a full drivetrain minus motors and motor pulleys. For $850 that’s not bad, especially considering how awesome these trucks are. I’ve never used the Matrix ii’s, but I can tell you from experience that the hype around the Hypertrucks is well deserved.

3 Likes

I own bindings but have never put them on to try them out. If you only want to ride on the street most of the time, then I dont see them as necessary.

1 Like

That is not as bad as I thought :thinking: hmm

1 Like

Thats good, this is why I was leaning Kaly (if ever possible) vs Trampa. Since Kaly has some concave

2 Likes

The Kaly decks I have tried have no concave. They have the little wings or “gas pedals” as they are sometimes called. But those are not equivalent to concave. I see the function of them, but I find them extremely uncomfortable.

4 Likes

+1 to this guy. Just bent my toesies weirdly instead of how my foot naturally looks.

5 Likes

Dude do a flux on hypers and call it a day :sunglasses:
But that’s my build in the future :rofl:
or wait to see if colab comes out with a new deck
The bro is blowing up this year and @BigBen @eBoosted are making enclosures
Or if you can find a Proto (unattainable)you can maybe squeeze some surfrodz :call_me_hand:
Century- subsonic they are going out of business so with your skills you could make something ATish cool😎

1 Like

Alright well that makes things a little different. Kaly deck is uncomfortable and the concave isn’t so nice? …Just been curious to try one of these arched Trampa style decks.

I can tell the Haero Bro deck has better concave and would probably be the most comfortable ride, but I guess I was trying to avoid the snowboard look. Sticking to under-mount enclosure so would have to source or make.

Flux deck looks nice but also seems to be polarizing in terms of how people like it. The combo package is appealing though.

2 Likes

This sucks where’d you hear it? I wonder why since Landyatchz seems to be on the rise. Wonder if this has anything to do with the chaos in Seattle.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a bummer :pensive: they make really good boards

@bboybowzer Lives in that area and was telling me on telegram
Everything on their site right now is what they have in stock once they sell out they’re done

1 Like

I use concave pads on my trampa board, which adds concave and feels pretty great.

Trampa now also offer some kind of concave pads on their boards.

The Haero Bro is a bit lighter and quite a bit stiffer than a trampa deck and already has good concave built in.

2 Likes

I found this compare quite interesting…

3 Likes

Interesting comment right here about Haero from Ernesto

2 Likes