3rd round GB - Closed - few parts left_ Paris / Caliber2 / TB 218 / Kahua precision adjustable base plate_The Hammock Base_Sick of Angled Risers!

Goddammit I see the magic now!

Thanks, that makes perfect sense, you did not miss a trick

3 Likes

My pleasure… :yum:
I tested with like 10 different kingpings and 20 different bushings and pivot cups to find the balance and make it works with most of them. That’s why the several tries I went through

Only problem I have now I can not pair back the tested kingpings, bushings and pivot cups with the original trucks! Well I always mix anyway.

4 Likes

@rey8801 put me on the list for next batch plz!

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi! You better follow the trread I will post it here everytime. Otherwise I will forget :joy:

1 Like

hell yes

1 Like

I got out the softbox and the SLR for this :slight_smile: But too lazy to clean the goods!

5 Likes

I can confirm. Everyone t asks better pictures then me :yum:

1 Like

Following lol

2 Likes

sigh and my shopping list grows…

4 Likes

@rey8801 I think I got it but can you confirm this is a valid way to measure/set truck angle?

BTW I can’t believe how meticulous you were with the slot the kingpin nut slides into. P-E-R-F-E-C-T fit. :heart_eyes:

Riptide Caliber II pivot cups working for me for MF hanger and for TB218 hanger.

11 Likes

15 Likes

I can confirm: good way to measure truck angles.

5 Likes

Perfect way. I also have the same angle meter and I was still using a manual ruler :triangular_ruler: :man_facepalming:
Anyhow when the front edges are flushing is 50 degree, then every steps is about 5 degree adjustments so you can also count :+1:
Don’t tell me about the nut because I measured so many of them and was always wrong once made the parts. That part was quite tricky indeed. I was happy when the magic numbers came together

4 Likes

with @3DServisas fatboy

these and the nano drives make my evo usable with only 5mm of risers! :heart_eyes:

I couldn’t do this before ~7mm clearance at max lean

@rey8801 I want more, I really like how quick I can swap hangers, no more messing with kingpins ruining settings - I want a thane set and a pneumatic set, sign me up for more ! :smile:

Edit: was only 5mm risers

7 Likes

Man that was the whole idea
Minimized stupid tall raisers and run assymetrical deck easier than ever. I am really happy it works out for you too!

3 Likes

Ya dude. I think you might already have a market for another round! Have you started planning for that? I know myself and @stratoglide are each in for a pair. Same city just saying…
Do you have a timeline @rey8801 for making more of these?
Cheers broski.

4 Likes

Run another GB is not a problem, but as I said I want some feedbacks first. No reason to remake it the same if you can improve it a bit. If not needed, then it will be even faster.

2 Likes

Mmmm after having a play with them, I might want another set for an Evo too, which is designed around 35deg baseplates? (thanks @sk8l8r)

Extras of the hangar part might be nice too, to swap out drivetrains easily for A/B testing. Maybe. It’s addictive how easy it is to swap things around.

2 Likes

Is that a blood orange stepped barrel poking through or the narrow end of a cone?

1 Like

Hi! Since the first time was a really short GB that was open for like 2 days due to me wanted the parts :grin:
Here a second round. I will leave it open for a good 7-10 days. Closes on 30/06/19
You can go through this and the other forum threads to see all the story and pictures, but here a brief summary.
Some pictures are from the guys from the 1st GB, You can recognised them since they are better than mine :sweat_smile: Thx for them guys!

1 set includes 2 base plates + kingpins, nuts and bolts (fine for a board), it can be Raw or Matt Black.
Price 135$ + shipping. Based on the 1st GB 21 Euro shipping to US and from 6 to 20 Euro to EU. rest of the world depends where you are. Of course I can put them in bigger box and ship them together to US and shipping goes down a lot.

Here the form and let’s see if we get to a decent number to make it happen again. Thx everyone!

CLOSED

Caliber style trucks fit

Paris style

Kahua

My babies

18 Likes