3rd round GB - Closed - few parts left_ Paris / Caliber2 / TB 218 / Kahua precision adjustable base plate_The Hammock Base_Sick of Angled Risers!

yes they are a bit Mad too :smile: !
340mm total truck width with 12mm axles made of extremely strong carbon steel, 8mm stepped.

2 Likes

Indeed… You can fit really bigmotor in these trucks.

Yes ^^ 6380 shouldn’t be a problem at all ! Maybe 6384 depend on the angle of the motor mount (to let space with the kingpin / or back of base plate if reverse …). Here Haggy 6364 one :

its really nice that your Hammock fit the Kahua hanger !! Haggy drive kit with the motor mount and tensionning system are awesome !

3 Likes

they look amazing indeed. Definitely 6380 should be possible.

1 Like

You make me (almost) do it ^^ , APS 6384 (my 6380 aren’t repaired yet) :

1 Like

plenty of space and same motor size I used for the MAD storm :grinning:

1 Like

And kahua are cheap and quality is perfect.
Much much nicer than surfrod (what a crappy finish do they have…im used to show car show bike finish… Tbh my thai bike parts have a better finish)

2 Likes

I personally like both the trucks. I don’t think thst SR is bad made. It’s a precision truck and the CNC finish is nice to me. For precision truck e you will always find more geometrical shape than classical truck because of the machining price. Make 3d rounded shapes cost way more and reduce precision over maybe some gain in aestetic.
The tool path and operations will be double almost.

2 Likes

Working on something similar :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice! I already remade mine 3 times :joy:. It almost done (I hope) need to find the final pattern. I like a lot the empty space in the hanger to bring the weight down but not sure when it’s too much. I see precision trucks with a lot of material removed.

1 Like

Do these holes don’t weaken axle?

No, they do not weaken the axle. They might weaken the hanger :slightly_smiling_face: I will make them a bit different and use them to stiffen up the truck and cut weight. Also doing FEM analysis helps you spotting stress points. It’s pretty normal for precision trucks:

skoa-vapor-precision-trucks

4 Likes

sorry thats what i meant. The hanger not axle.

1 Like

Right now I am more concerned with the geometry than getting the strength right. Trying to do something newish and research and not let me blindly rely on existing geometries, in the end it may end up close to what others have done before, but I need to know why different trucks look like they do and what is accomplished with all the variables. Which is what motivates me. Maybe someone in here can give they’re experience. How would a 0mm axel-kingpin offset work together with rake for example.

2 Likes

Try to do the same research too about geometry ecc… Didn’t find something that really gives you a decent knowledge. I guess every brand keep close their findings.

1 Like

This design with possible + or - rake will be nice !! Just with a flippable hanger !
It will be awesome (… what ? another print :laughing:)
It’s a good 1st call with the Hammock.
(I really don’t know about geometry cant help here)

// yes, and it really depend on everyone feeling imo …

1 Like

That use of this hammock with the Kahua…nice

2 Likes

It’s never a first try. Hammock got up to V8 before get it close to know.
I started all over like 3 times :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Riako did you test on a few different hangers and bushings?

I’m wondering if the bushing height is critical to not having to change the kingpin out, or if you had to stack any particular bushings/hangers to set bushing squish just right. I guess it’s try and test but not sure.

From looking in hand there is no way to run the kingpin through the nut by more than @2mm, so I guess you approach it by another way? Asking you since you maybe have tried with different parts.

As I said to @Riako if the kingpin fits without the nut at the back then it will work. You only have to tight. Try to put the king pin in without the nut and you will see the magic :wink:
I made it in a way that 90% of what available will fit as stock. Only for reply double cone bushing or really small you will need a short kingpin that you can get for 3 euro. For the rest should be fine.

3 Likes