3DServisas Products Discussions

Not sure about this one. Does the one you pulled off look like it has loctite?

1 Like

doesnt look like it but i dont really wanna take a risk

@3DServisas whenever you can step in…

It’s a press(arbor, bearing press level) fit and doesn’t require any loctite.

1 Like

thanks a lot
hopefully will work fine

so, I happen to need to weld 4 3ds geardrives to the axle, as the current 4xgrub screw-mouning setup is not strong enough for my riding style - I found a guy who is a professional alu-welder, he asked me to ask you guys what exact kind of alloy (whether it’s pure alumiunum or something with additives) you use in the geardrives and trucks, and also how thick the housing is on the geardrives, as he said it needs to be at least 2mm or it might cause trouble. I have the ones from a bioboards plutonium, not sure which exact type.

3 Likes

Personally, I would not recommend to weld aluminium, as many parts can get distorted from heat of welding, as pieces like baseplate are thin.

Send me a message through the store and we can figure out a better solution for you.

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/pages/contact-us

6 Likes

Any one know how fare a fat boy pullys over hangs the axle? @3DServisas

Want to know what space is left between the pullys

Hi, what are the transmissions that fit fatboy hanger please ?
I know about fatboy gear drive but i’m looking for belts.

2 Likes

@3DServisas stopped making pulleys.

Check out these:

@Boardnamics makes great motor mounts, I don’t think 3DS makes those either. I think they have one that fits 3DS hangers? IDK, you can ask them.

4 Likes

Is this what you’re looking for?

1 Like

I’m assembling some drives at the moment, and noticed that the pre-loctited bolts still had some runny red threadlocker, and I could unscrew them without using any heat. As if it were blue.

Am I being too paranoid unbolting them all and using green loctite instead? My urethane gear drives came apart after I used red, so what gives? :confused:

(Also, I’m surprised how tight the pre-set mesh is. Doesn’t get stuck though, so – damn! Nice! :smiley: )

(Ironically, the angle adjustment bolts I cannot unbolt without heat, lol. Will leave them be then)

1 Like

Nevermind, this one is too tight for me to leave it like that. Will fix.

2 Likes

looks like the motor shaft isn’t even in there, isn’t it the correct distance after getting the gear on the motor?

The gear is locked into place using those 3 bolts and the bearing beneath it. Adding the motor does not shift it in any way. On the other drive I can tilt the wheel gear a little back and forth, on this side the motor gear is pressing against it and I cannot; therefore it is too tight.

6 Likes

I hated fitting the mudpluggers on the finality hubs. The mudpluggers hole for the hub is a little bit to big. The 2mm gap can create a lot of wobble at higher speed. This center ring fix this issue.

8 Likes

i got some gear drives from 3ds and they seem to not free roll much
could someone post a video of how easy it is to turn theirs and how much they free roll

anyone tried boardnamics motors with the 3ds gear drives? Trying to see if the motor shaft’s long enough.

It’s known that they don’t have much free roll due to the v ring they use to seal the drive

1 Like

Do you have adapters for mounting these to 22x22mm profile trucks by any chance?

1 Like

@3DServisas What’s the difference between the hub adapters for xcell and MBS? They have the same bolt pattern no? Want to know if they are interchangeable.

1 Like