3DServisas Products Discussions

22x22 profile adapters are not available. Could always machine one of your own or re-machine existing one.

Xcell adapter is offset towards the inside of the rim, meanwhile MBS adapter goes against the side of the rim. Different designs do not require spacers, results in less hassle with centering.

4 Likes

is the xcell hub pictured the wide version?

2 Likes

The hub in the picture is the standard hub, but the gear drive fits the wide hub without any modifications.

You used to have this, no? Why did you discontinue it?

They also used to sell pulleys.

2 Likes

I guess this has nothing to do with preventing people from using apex airs or luna trucks with your gear drives, right? You notice that no other manufacturer behaves like this, right @3DServisas ?

It’s a good thing that there are better gear drives out there for these amazing trucks anyways.

4 Likes

If better gear drives exist why are you asking for adapters :rofl:

4 Likes

For people that already own the drives like @rusins

@rusins how did you end up with these truck less drives?

False, I was just tempted by the black friday deal to go with gears over belts. And I wanted these specifically because of motor clearance. Nevermind I guess…

2 Likes

I am sure 3Ds is not opposed to making an adapter for any truck. After all they are in the business of making gear drives. If a company wanted to have compatibility with his gear drives and provided a truck, I’m sure there would be an adapter soon.

1 Like

I mean, they did actually say that adaptor is not available and that Rasins could machine it himself if he needs it - seems pretty cut and dry?

2 Likes

Jeeeeez there’s more drama with esk8 than in my high school days. :kissing_heart:

I will say out of the four major gear drive brands I’ve used, 3D has definitely been my favorite. Especially paired with that sexy finality system :hot_face:

For off road though, Apex trucks with their GD would be better. Would be cool to see some 3DS on them beautiful Airs.

4 Likes

@Brently don’t you have 3ds gears on your Airs?

Yeah people will have to machine their own if you no one gets 3Ds some trucks to make an adapter for

I will repeat myself once more. There will be no adapter plate until I have a hanger on my workbench. I must take all variables into account, test them on my own skin. If something goes wrong, whose fault is it going to be?

Examples:

LandSurf wanted gear drives: shipped their wheels to me.

Hypertrucks needed gear drives: hangers got sent to me and here we are with Finality.

14 Likes

Finality and Airs would be a beautiful creation. I’d be all over that, you two should make it happen :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Has no one sent you a set of Apex Airs or Luna trucks yet? :frowning:

Yessir 3ds eco drives on airs is what I run on ze proto

1 Like