3D printables for esk8

Yh I mean my area is super uneven so I’m running the pneumatics on it but got 130s also. I don’t think I could go under 110 where I am lol

1 Like

Yeah these aren’t wheels for any serious riding unless you live in concrete paradise also judging by how hard they are. I’ve always ridden regular skate wheels so I don’t really mind any of it, just can’t keep control going fast.

1 Like

Yh i like my soft wheels so may be a no form name.

1 Like

100% confident in my adapters not snapping, skatan

8 Likes

Guess they didn’t hold up :sweat_smile: how long did they last

2 Likes

@moddedlife Hello, as promised here are some enclosure files for everyone to use. These are the SLT and STEP files for the ESC and top mount battery box.

166462413_445112960044359_4992793487367071579_n (1) 167132321_1957273707757309_4297807679564976514_n (1)

Battery_Box_Base_Final_20210406.stl (119.4 KB) Battery_Box_Base_Final_STEP_20210406.step (107.4 KB) Battery_Box_Case_Final_20210406.stl (2.4 MB) Battery Box_Lid or Base.stl (152.2 KB) Vesc_Box_Base_Final_20210406.stl (95.2 KB) Vesc_Box_Base_Final_STEP_20210406.step (77.8 KB) VESC_Case.stl (1.5 MB) VESC_Lid or Base.stl (118.6 KB)

18 Likes

Sorry didnt see this before, like 2 hours before the forks snap.

Ive printed them 90 degrees the other day with supports, but with the hanger bending issue I’ve been reluctant to put harder smaller wheels on. When its warmer I will test them again at night. They look a lot worse printed sideways which is why I avoided it :joy:. Some tuning would probably sort the quality, but they work reasonably well that I can do some testing again soon.

They may need some redesign with tapered edges somewhere if this doesn’t work.

The bearing support/spacer does come out a lot nicer though:

3 Likes

Made some very basic bumpers for the Boardnamics XL/Matrix II gen 2 motor mount. Mounts onto the mount with two 8-32x1/4" screws where the crossbar holes are, although I’ve included the STEP file if you want to customize it for different screws. Uses roughly 7g of plastic each, no supports required.

4 Likes

I’m having a hell of a time trying to pry off a motor can and I swear I recalled @Lee_Wright used to sell a 3d printed ‘motor can remover’ type tool but I no longer see this available on his site. I know I could probably mock one up real quick to get the job done, just curios if anyone had any designs they’d be willing to share

1 Like

I use 3d printer spools because I’m lazy. You have any of those?

6 Likes

I do have some! Am I seeing this correctly? You use two of them and the eyelets from each? Genius man, gonna try this

2 Likes

Here you go brother, just uploaded it to thingiverse for you/everyone. We didnt sell many of them so I took it down when I recently did a website consolidation, now donated to you guys

17 Likes

Awesome, thanks Lee!!

2 Likes

you are more than welcome bro

2 Likes

Works great because you can stand on the spools while pulling and cursing haha

1 Like

There were some design flaws in my original files that have now been corrected and uploaded. Also I have added the option for non countersunk screws on the .STEP files.

Took me bloody ages, but i made the Amass AS120-M in cad. Was a good learning experience lol

https://grabcad.com/library/amass-as120-m-1

14 Likes

Much appreciate any suggestions for front and rear light mounts for Kaly XL boards

Just made Trampa riser + holder for Moon nebula tail light with quick release
Video of quick release: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

2 Likes

Has anyone designed/printed adapters to allow for bigger wheels on a Haggy system? Like Evolve 7 inch size for example. is this even doable?

3 Likes