3D files / CAD request thread

I can design one for ya when I get back in town on Sunday if no one else gets to it first.

1 Like

Which way do you want it wedged?

Here are a few versions for you:

5 degree Matrix 2 Wedge.STL (66.5 KB)

5 degree Matrix 2 Wedge THIN.STL (66.7 KB)

If you need it wedged the opposite way, just let me know

6 Likes

Wow, you’re a legend mate.
But yeah, I’d like wedging the other way, trying to increase turnability

1 Like

oh, and by the way, I’m trying to wedge the original Matrix 2 with the plastic baseplate, I did find your truck model on thingiverse, considered modeling from there, but I was a bit worried about the different footprint between the metal and non-metal baseplates. Maybe it doesn’t matter too much?
I’ve seen that Jens is selling some in his shop though… but it’s a looooong way!

1 Like

I think I can snag the dimensions from the baseplate mounting pattern. Can you confirm if it is old school or new school bolt spacing?

It is the 42x62mm bolt pattern. Same as metal one.

======BACK OF TRUCK =========

======FRONT OF TRUCK========

2 Likes

So like this

Edit: Better version for the metal baseplates

5 Likes

Yes, that looks exactly like this in my head!

2 Likes

Positive 5 degree Plastic Matrix 2 Wedge.STL (52.0 KB)

Here you are dude. If it’s off at all, just let me know and we’ll get it perfect.

4 Likes

Call out to the experts,

I want to make a move and get rid of my rear mounted ESC enclosure and house all the electronics from my Haero build in the same enclosure as my battery. I’ve got the space to do it although I’ll need to move the internal cabling, BMS and charge port fuse to the top of the battery as opposed to the side so I can have more playroom.

My request – I was hoping someone can make me some spacer files using the profile of my initial design. I’d like 2 so I can play around with, a 15 mm and a 30 mm. I need more height.

I already have two finished battery boxes and I should have just gone taller when I first started although for some reason I just had the idea stuck in my head that the ESC should be rear-mounted.

The fella I initially worked with for the design has gone dark so hoping someone from here can lend a hand.

Battery Box_Case.stl (2.2 MB)

2 Likes

You just want that top face shape on the box in 15mm and 30mm thicknesses?

Looks like one of the holes is off too… I assume it isn’t supposed to be like that

Or were all the posts supposed to have holes?

I’m guessing that all the posts were supposed to have those same holes so I fixed the box file:
RM Battery Box_Case.STL (2.3 MB)

Here is the 15mm spacer:
RM Battery Box_Case 15mm Spacer.STL (193.2 KB)

Here is the 30mm spacer:
RM Battery Box_Case 30mm Spacer.STL (193.2 KB)

5 Likes

Jesus Christ that was quick @Venom121212 , in honour of your glorious work I’ll allow you to choose the permanent colour that the spacer will be finished in as a permanent reminder the I owe you one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Man that black looks so sleek on there so I’d have to say that or a metallic gold or silver if you want some contrast. The matrix oil slicks come off as pretty gold overall to me but so hard to match.

3 Likes

Agree, a light metallic gold would look sweet!

SOLD

1 Like

Nice choice with dupli color. I used their chameleon on some hubs and it didn’t match just right but looked sweet still.

5 Likes

Anyone have cad or just a 2d drawing of the deck side of a LC hypertruck baseplate?

1 Like

Does anyone have a case for a stormcore for an MTB deck? I am hoping to find one that can fit a Trampa wand receiver in it.

1 Like

@ApexBoards maybe?

2 Likes