3D files / CAD request thread

Thank you @SeanHacker and @J0ker :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Yes @Venom121212 I’m sure will print these out and give feedback thanks again guys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Bit of modelling help rather than request for an existing model:

For context I fundamentally misunderstood Fusion 360 and thought it was only available in-browser, so I avoided it and used FreeCAD. The lightbulb eventually clicked, plus I’ve been finding FreeCAD very janky and don’t have a huge amount invested in it as I’m new, so I’m now learning a bit of Fusion

I’m trying to model the tail of a particular deck with a reasonable amount of accuracy to print a “sleeve” that would slide on and add a kicktail. I’ve tried inserting the image in the background to use the Fit Point Spline tool, but the scale for the image isn’t right. I assumed I could then scale up the sketch, but it scales the points without modifying the lengths or direction of the bezier curves under so it goes to hell. I tried scaling the image before tracing it through trial and error to end up with a curve that’s in the right ballpark to begin with, but it’s very imprecise and slow. Also made an attempt to extrude the sketch into an object and then scale that, it seems to work well enough but the underlying sketch doesn’t change so I can’t take any actual dimensions from it, or constrain some new additional piece like the tail that fits around the sketch to a real dimension. Any suggestions for modelling real stuff made of geometry that isn’t super simple primitives, and/or managing reference images?

This is the shape I’m dealing with, so it’s far from super exotic it’s just not quiiite made of simple circles and rectangles

2 Likes

For me, I’d probably just get the sketch as perfect as I could and then extrude it into an object and scale that

Obviously it won’t change the sketch but you should be able to get it close enough using some algebra

This is a pretty universal “problem” with CAD softwares. Any point that you’ve defined will not scale. You either have to leave the whole thing undefined (no reference points, mirrors, dimensions, etc) or define everything 100%.

Option 1 all the way.

2 Likes

Here’s how I do it. Not sure if it helps.

8 Likes

Anyone have a model of MBS fivestar hubs or rockstar 2s?

1 Like

If somebody need MBS PRO 97 DYLAN WARREN II deck:

5 Likes

Anyone have a STL or STEP of the newer version of the Haero Bro?

5 Likes

I think ill try my hand at the. they have good measurements on their site so it should be fairly accurate.

2 Likes

wait newer version? Haero Bro 96 Mountainboard Deck - ATBShop.co.uk is what I’m looking at. is that it? how do you know the difference?

edit:oh you mean the 2021 David rzaca version?

Yep, its got significantly more pronounced concave

3 Likes

Check my thinkgiverse. I have it on my desk. Definitely I will create a 3D just it will take a time for my:) I must invest time to do it instead of my build

2 Likes

done. Haero Bro v2.step (1.3 MB)

7 Likes

Wow, thank you so much, that was fast! :smiley:

1 Like

Wow so quick! Do you have the stl?

Haero Bro v2.stl (3.2 MB)

3 Likes

Anyone have a .stp file for a 72T MBS Rockstar 2 Pulley?

1 Like

Does anyone have the STL or other cad files for a Trampa deck with wings on it? Like all in a single model

1 Like

I know this is a longshot but does anyone have a cad for spinted remote thumbwheel? the stock thumbwheel is trash.

1 Like