3-Link Truck Designs

Just wanted to throw this out there, but I’m working on a 3-link turner truck design for hummie hubs. They are not cheap to make by any means, but will be well worth it in ride quality and build quality.

33 Likes

Don’t you have a 4wd 3link hummie thing? I mean this is sick but I was just wondering :joy:

4 Likes

My current build uses 4wd with 3 link turners.

These are redesign for mass production though. Brandon currently works very hard to craft each truck by hand. But it’s hard to replicate with consistency and they are very much DIY. This adapts the new splined axle that hummie is using, and will available for 2wd and 4wd.

The splined axle is great because it allows the trucks to become like legos. Adding motor mounts for belt drive or gear drive people, as well as hub motors and anything that you can mill this star shape.

The down side is the cost of parts are very high. It currently costs me over $250 to build 1 set right now…

• Custom base plate cnc milled from aluminum
  • Stainless steel screws with nylon contact patches
  • Heims made from chromoly
  • axle made from chromoly
  • all links, tubes, and axle spacers made from steel

This is meant to last you a very long time with little to no maintenance.

Once you ride the 3 link turners for 30 minutes, you’ll be hooked. It’s hands down the best truck design I’ve ever ridden. Stable, yet nimble. Very adjustable (over 24 angles for the rods plus different bushing durometers).

14 Likes

Ahh that makes sense. I can’t wait to ride my 3links :call_me_hand:t3: Throw a fat axle on their so they don’t crack!

3 Likes

I’ve seen these used to great effect by us electric guys, but to any downhill guys use anything like this?

6 Likes

@JaysTCB is testing a set of downhill ones, Jason uses custom machines base plates though.

6 Likes

Those downhill ones look sick :hushed: How are the F5 front binding doing? Better then Moe’s toe hook?

2 Likes

Ahhh that makes sense :call_me_hand:t3: Regular footed gang :grin:

3 Likes

Three link by design is not somthing I’m doing. It is my design documented back to 2017 from its inception. What you have is a nice rendering of my design. I move fwd with this project continually making design improvements through racing dynamics and functional model testing. By no means do I condone or apporove this rendering as a functional model in any way. This is where we are with the NKP 3-link

34 Likes

Don’t know why, but I assumed you guys were working together. Maybe because it’s functionally identical (well except for specific angles and rod lengths of course).

10 Likes

Great vid! How fast was that?

1 Like

Seeing @MoeStooge’s comment gives me the idea that this was done on your own and not in conjunction with the creator. If so, that seems a little shady to me. At least on the surface, anyhow

Edit: there’s always more than what’s available on the surface. Rescinding my last message

13 Likes

This is not an appropriate place for a NKP 3-Link discussion, let’s not hijack the Hummie thread

17 Likes

I made the set @evoheyax is cruising around on as a gift to a friend. I am in no way in any partnership or condone the use of my truck design being used by others for profit. So be it.
DIY I am completely cool with.

14 Likes

I find it pretty messed up that Evohayex would go and take Moe’s design and do it

Especially without even contacting Moe about it or asking him if he would allow it…

7 Likes

Especially after that event in the TB deck thread :yawning_face:

13 Likes

So i have been tinkering a bit on my own trucks with gear cases attatched, just for myself reeee, its by no means a finished product but if people like it i can show the progress i made

Im going to make them specifically for the hummie deck, geared 35/15 to 35/20

Im still working out what angles are the best, would love some feedback on that.

10 Likes

so you are saying I should get, “linked in” ?

Jokes aside, a wild speed wobble appeared the other day. It was super effective at making me rethink my life choices.

14 Likes

I’m surprised you aren’t riding 3links @Arzamenable :crazy_face:

2 Likes

What u making the baseplate from? I should mock some parts up with glued popsicle sticks or something to understand how the turning variables work and seems ur just going to adjust the turnability by moving the “heim” parts along the axle instead of having different mounting points in the baseplate?

In my mind it’s an axle turn angle and a deck angle that you’re pairing.

2 Likes