Hummie hubs Kickstarter

great news @hummieee, those bearings are priced at ¥28,000 for set of 8! so just ~$257 for one skateboard, not including any bearings needed for esk8 pulleys and motors

4 Likes

ooo. thats a lot better didnt realize it was a set of 8. still not getting them though. like to see tests and how they really do. i still dont understand how it would be able to separate the balls keeping them from touching, and thereby reducing the friction, just by having variations in the race surface which speeds up the balls.

the motors and tires are in the works. I wait for them to tell me when theyre done and send the parts.

7 Likes

I would pay that :sweat_smile:
But im stupid with money hahaha

4 Likes

They’re actually seeming a pretty good deal considering they’re silicone nitrate plus. Doooo it.

4 Likes

extreme heat!!! raptor motors anyone?

2 Likes

17 posts were split to a new topic: 3-Link Truck Designs

Are your hubs still for sale? If so, where can I buy them from?

1 Like

Not right now sorry. Final parts will be here in about three days. Magnets. And then have to quickly assemble those paid for.

10 Likes

Yo hummie what’s up, how’s the project going?

4 Likes

Still waiting for parts: wheels, tires, and the hubs to come back from grobinc where they’re being broached for the splined axle and also still waiting for the guy to be able to cast the axles in the hangers.

Sorry it’s taken so long.

Happy to find the machined parts were precisely made and have been shrink fitting stators and bearings for the first time but I still can’t assemble till the hub part and glue show which should be this week.

12 Likes

This sounds extremely satisfying

3 Likes

Tis. The way bearings are best done. All bearings are designed with a bit of clearance between balls and races for later being squeezed when installed. No play and no glue.

2 Likes

That sounds really good, but it sounds like a maintenance nightmare if you ride through water.

4 Likes

Lifetime warranty :joy:

Yeah I was thinking people need to take care with these.

1 Like

What kind of seal do they have? 2zz or 2rs?

3 Likes

I think the grease he uses is thick enough to keep water out, if I recall. On the other hand, I wouldn’t try to spray the grease out either.

4 Likes

The bearings use 2rs seals. It is more work to remove the bearings to replace them but you can pull the big seals off while on the motor and clean the bearings that way as apposed to replace them. They’re huge and worth cleaning and regreasing as apposed to replacing. I’ve come to feel the bigger bearings the better

Bearings aren’t warrantied though.

Bearings should last longer with this interference fitment as apposed to slide fitted.

And the magnets u can see the hallbach. Very little magnetic field can be felt outside the motor and glad to find it holds in place when put in place. You can see the small magnets aren’t actually on the rotor though and are hovering and I’ll make a silicone expanding plug that will go in, expand, and then I can bake the magnets with their glue till cured. 4 hours at 300 I think it is

30 Likes

Finally some pics! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

What’s that green and pink drink? Looks cool :joy:

6 Likes

I’ll post decent pics next week when I should have the glue and be able to build complete motors. I’ll do a video showing what’s what.

The drink my girlfriend made and thought looked good. Surely some hippie organic weird healthy stuff but good. Blended fruits mostly and some kale.

19 Likes