🌊 3.75 inch InfinityHubs

Sure but BN kegal gear is pretty much all aimed at street use. So you would need a 28x8mm bearing to use on standard skate axles.

BTW when I saw those flat spots I thought of the Avio MK2 gear drive’s urethane adapter. The kegal pins have those flat spots :wink:

2 Likes

Ya that is why we did not look into it a ton. If someone wants to use BN GDs, they can use the berg adapters. And I think very few people will actually use the 44s with these wheels. Maybe speed demons.

3 Likes

Getting samples for testing soon. Please vote on the pulley poll above so we know how many to get.

Hub fits well! (Removed core and sinplified spokes for quick printing)

Just got sample pricing and it’s outrageous haha, but obv cant sell y’all untested stuff. So sample coming soon. Will update along the way of course. I plan to open up preorders soon.

Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Any updates?

2 Likes

Kind of. So samples are ordered, but we are also machining two sets here for some dimension verification and for testing. The person who was going to do the machining for us had something come up, so we decided we would just go ahead and do it, but then one of the shop workers tested positive for covid. Everything is good now (I think) and we should start machining Monday.

I will be officially opening the preorders very soon with a proper bit of info.

1 Like

Whoops. Was I not supposed to go ahead and preorder through the website?

I will be using them on a 4wd Boardnamics GD board on boardnamics hangers. Should I order the berg adapters from Kevin?

3 Likes

Nawww dude ur good! Lucky first!

Yes berg adapters would be good. Though his new AT drives might be better. Once we get all of this ready to go, I will look into adapters specifically for this wheel and the at drives

3 Likes

I’ll order his berg adapters and use my bergs in the meantime while development finishes on these. The 2.8 ratio is closer to what I’m looking for at 14S anyway. I’ll be watching to see how the AT unfolds, though.

3 Likes

Sounds good :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

Here is a photo update!

Turning done. Bearing seats from factory are looking great!

4 Likes

Quick clip from the factory. This is before ano and sandblasting ofc.

Starting to come together :grin::tada:

8 Likes

Fuuck that looks nice bro. What’s width on these again?

1 Like

Standard width. Had to play around with it a bit to make sure it nicely fit all of the standard 3.75 inch tires.

3 Likes

Would it be feasible to include a widening spacer with these? Something like 10mm.
Seems like everyone wants stretched wheels :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Or even offer one as an extra

1 Like

Can you get me some more exact numbers on what your looking for? Really shouldn’t be that hard to make a low-cost add-on for this.

1 Like

@rosco @tipsy

Jj and I would be more than happy to.

I assumed a few people would ask and we could just print or something, but if a decent amount of people want to widen, we can go ahead and get some machined.

Wheel widening thread has info on what has been made for Trampa hubs. Think they are being stretched to about 60mm wide.

4 Likes

Ohh this is a fantastic idea

1 Like