Widening wheel hubs

yeah I’m fairly confident 5 stars are the same internally.

I want to widen them because they have the 4 inch lip, allowing for some truly phat rubber.

Thank you all for trying though

1 Like

Would you be interested in making the cad file if I send you dimensions?

1 Like

Send me a message and I will send you one you can check against

1 Like

Any chance that TB hub spacer stl is up for grabs?

Hey @kook @MoeStooge you guys stretched 6*2 tires right? Whats the preferrable width on them according to your findings? My hubs have them stretched aprox 10 mm now and i was wondering on your thoughts on this.

1 Like

I widen the metro wheel 11/16"

1 Like

How can I get this file? Who made it?

Zach did the one for the MBS hub above.

Note that this requires a wider axel as the bearing positions are moved apart.

Unlike the spacer people use on the trampa wheel. Because of it’s 3 piece design the spacer can push the rim out while keeping the bearing positions the same.
the STL for that I swear was in this thread too but I can’t find it.

Is there not a hole for the valve missing?

@Pedrodemio did it.

3 Likes

Is your version compatible with the 5 Star?

I based mine off rockstar 2 hubs. Not sure about 5 star.

2 Likes

Has anyone designed a spacer for bergs yet? Stretched bergs or clever tyres on them would be pretty dank.

1 Like

Do you really think clever would stretch that much? Lol they’re pretty thick tires

2 Likes

You might talk about 6", I have experience with 8" clever only.
Clever are the cheapest, thickest, heaviest and hardest tires I’ve ever had. Also the most uncomfortable :laughing:

But you can stretch them easily, here on 60mm E-Toxx hubs

compared to MBS T1 tire on Rockstar II hub. Clever and T1 are both 8".

Well…

5 Likes

Those look really cool haha

3 Likes

So the @Pedrodemio model didn’t fit the Sunmate hubs perfectly, so courtesy of @Haughbag a modified file which fits. Might be useful for someone. Needs printing at 101% and using supports.

Haven’t ridden, but the test prints look to fit very well :ok_hand:

Spacer_v6.stl (317.1 KB)

4 Likes

They do actually, my rims stretch them :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Another upgrade, following the design of @SimosMCmuffin I decided to add more offset to my hubs with 6301 bearings.

Also this design has two rings to adapt the diameter for 8 / 9 and 10 inch tyres.

The idea is to use an half hypa hub for the external border, considering that is the weak part in 3d printed hubs.

hub_2

7 Likes

other then metroboard what other tires can be stretched? looking for something slightly larger for more ground clearance. maybe 170mm or so
using 3ds rims stretched with a cf spacer
thanks