๐ŸŒŠ 3.75 inch InfinityHubs

Just regular 3.75 inch size

Hope you test the parts thoroughly before selling because that bearing seat looks experimental

7 Likes

Can you get some powder coated purple for extra?

1 Like

Yeah thatโ€™s the plan. I was spooked by the bearing seat as well lol. JJ and I will do through testing especially for that.

Will there be a version that will work with the boardnamics gear drive and axles?

Yes, there will be adaptors included that will allow you to use 22mm bearings + kegel. Here is a photo showing the adaptor vs 28mm bearings:

9 Likes

Purple is a bit less common, so might be expensive, but we can look into it for you. Is there a specific reason for powder coat over anodize?

1 Like

idk either works for me, just use to powder coating but the local powder coat place is out of business

@surfnacho @jjsessa I think if i read the first post correctly, these will not work with Rockstar II pulleys? I think you might be missing out on a really big market here. LaCroix riders will buy anything, especially fancy wheels. Just look at the LandSurf folks and their wheels.

I think if these were a drop in replacement for the Rockstar IIโ€™s without needing a new pulley, then you would have an easier time selling these to the huge LaCroix owners market.

Just my 2ยข

2 Likes

Yes you are correct, they will not fit the Rockstar IIโ€™s. Adding so many hole patterns is already fairly tricky, and the rockstar pulley pattern doesnโ€™t really fit with our current design. That being said, LaCroix owners could just swap to our pulleys. We intentionally priced them low so that the whole package is affordable. With the 72t pulley option, users wouldnโ€™t have to do much to install our wheels and pulleys. I do appreciate the suggestion though.

1 Like

Do you know if the pulley line is the same with your hubs+pulleys vs the stock Rockstar IIโ€™s and LaCroix pulleys? The motor pulleys are set screwed and locktited in place on LaCroix completes, so the average LaCroix owner is probably not going to go to the effort of undoing that to adjust the pulley line.

2 Likes

Ahh right. Good catch. Not sure about that actually. Definitely something we should check

Maybe I am totally wrong, but it seems like if people are willing to swap wheels, they would be willing to move their motor pulley or mounts around.

I do not have rockstars, maybe someone can measure for me. We used the 5 stars when measuring our pulley distance, not sure if the rockstars and 5 stars are the same in that regard.

1 Like

Cant move hypertruck mounts, and moving the motor pulley would require a blow torch to burn off the locktite. I dont see the average LaCroix owner going to all the trouble, though its possible I am painting with a broad and condescending brush :wink:

I am sitting right next to a LaCroix drivetrain, what measurements can I get for you? :grin:

2 Likes

Are those pulleys different than the standard rockstar 2 pulleys?

I thought we were talking about these plastic ones without bearing

1 Like

Yep, they have much longer offset posts, which moves the pulley line away from the wheel a lot.

Not sure if LaCroix used those on the Prototipo, but all the Nazare/Lonestar that I know of use these machined pulleys.

Distance from the bearing face to the pulley flang should tell it all, its 10mm on our wheels, if you need less you could always just use some spacers considering the axels are long enough. The bearing to bearing width of the wheel is 32mm on ours.

1 Like

28.6mm from the outside of the wheel pulley to the wheel bearing, and the wheel pulley is 18mm wide. So roughly 10mm from wheel bearing to inner pulley flange!

The bearing width of Rockstar IIโ€™s is 38mm from outside of one to outside of the other.

Hereโ€™s where 32mm lands on a Hypertruck axle.

But that just means it would need a 6mm spacer on the road side of the axle to push the wheel up to the step on the Hypertruck hanger.

Feel free to PM me if yall want any more info/testing regarding hypertrucks! I think there is a huge market for these wheels if you can guarantee a painless drop in replacement for LaCroix owners :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Alright guys, we are progressing. Final cad is almost done and we are going to get some samples.

Due to my screw up in the first poll, I would like to poll for pulley demand.

Want Pulleys? You may select both 55 and 72 if you want.
  • One Set 55t
  • One Set 72t
  • 2+ Sets 55t
  • 2+ Sets 72t
  • JUST THE WHEELZ

0 voters

I wonder how long until the kegel pins on all the @Boardnamics stuff have these flat spots on them.

6 Likes

That would be sweet.

Come on Kevinโ€ฆDO IT

2 Likes