$288 Pentagram XS/ Full alloy rims/ Wide / deep dish / for sale

Thanks Jeff - I’ll give it a go with the 7" tubes to start off

6 Likes

I’ve got a mate who stretched 7inch Hadean tyres onto etox 75mm wide rims too haha (see below). So yeah, even the slightly wider pentagrams from first batch i have will be fine I’m sure. I think he used 7 inch tubes too but will need to confirm that.

6 Likes

Here it is. @Skyart tires on pentagrams. Super stretched. Should ride like rails.

15 Likes

looks sweet… what drives you running? interested in the clearance on BN ATs

2 Likes

I don’t have it set up yet, but I’ll be running boardnamic m1-at gear drives. Clearance shouldn’t be an issue with these tires.

2 Likes

Just wanted to share that the @Skyart 175mm wheels balance really well on the pentagrams. The bead must sit well, because I only had to use a few grams of lead tape per wheel to achieve perfect balance.

6 Likes

Hey @Ean.esk8 ! Have you considered making esk8 hubs that would fit Scooter tires? Specifically the 80/65-6 rim size so that we could run 8.5" x 3" tires like this one:

Original link:

8.5" tires that 3ds run, look similar but are smaller I guess:

(Just an example, there are a LOT of scooter tire options on the market in this size. High quality stuff.)

So far only 3dservisas have hubs that fit these, but it’s only for their Finality drive system…
I bet people like @Heathlewis and @Esk8_Spirit would love this :smile:

5 Likes

Pretty sure those are for 8.5" like these, not 10"

3 Likes

Correct,

To CNC a hub any larger is really pricey, as it is the 135mm diameter hub is costly enough :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Thanks, I just assumed the measurements were wrong on the one I linked, since they look like the same tire. Will replace my link with yours to avoid confusion.

1 Like

The problem with the 8.5 tire is also it’s ID of 135ish mm there are only a few tire choices that have this same ID, your initial link is correct if you want to make a hub to fit a wide verity or scooter tires

Ah. I guess I had conversations about different tires mixed up.

Here’s the original link for reference (and to be fair 10" tires might be cooler than 8.5" :smile: )

If anyone needs a set of these I mistakenly bought like 10 sets :smiling_face_with_tear: thinking they would fit the same hub! The 10” that is

3 Likes

We had this idea before, but it will be much expensive…don’t think much people willing to buy it…also not much tyre choices…plus people need to buy big ratio gear drive or pulley to achieving same torque.

3 Likes

@Ean.esk8 What tires is Heath using?

Looks like Quind or Kenda but can’t quite tell.

1 Like

They’re QIND 200x75

2 Likes

That’s the same tire featured here, I believe: Possible issue with Kaly Hellcat/QIND tire combo - under investigation

1 Like

it is, but thats a 2 year old thread and the amount of issues reported with it is very small. ive seen these tires run for thousands of miles between myself and the local kaly community without issue.

On the subject of 10”, I recently tried Trampa 10-inch “slick-cut” tires on the Newbee rims. I was a bit surprised by how how much more massive 10-inch is than 9-inch. It’s a lot more than you think. Here’s a 10 on my board next to a 9:

I ended taking these off an going back to 9s as I lost too much acceleration (even on a 5.0 gear drive), cornering, and agility. At least for my board and my preferences, 9s are the right size.

6 Likes

what kv and motor current?

1 Like