🏆 2022 Build of the Year - Planning

Yes. Here’s the rules from last year, I’ll probably just copy them for this year. No promises though, I might get spicy with it when I start writing the thread.

3 Likes

…umm…

1 Like

I guess when I said “serious suggestions” I meant suggestions that lots of people (not just the person writing them) took seriously :joy:

Basically in this thread I’ve been looking for any complaints or suggestions that a critical mass of regulars took seriously enough to advocate for. I haven’t seen that.

1 Like

wait eff so to qualify, I’d need to finish a build thread by tomorrow night

2 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

kermit-the-frog-typing

4 Likes

Popular suggestions then.

Probably a good move.

:+1:

2 Likes

I’m with @rosco, we need a “most excessive use of butyl tape” category.
@b264 and @whaddys would be front runners, but they cant make it because they’re too busy trying to get their enclosure off to make a build thread.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The idea is to not need to take it off. Taking off enclosures means you fucked up.

6 Likes

I need to do this soon and am regretting how much butyl tape I used already. I haven’t even started taking it off yet. Tis some strong stuff…

1 Like

Just go really slow. It comes off easy if you don’t try to rush it. Give it a slight pry and simply wait while it slowly unsticks itself. Or, try to rush it, and break the whole enclosure :laughing:

1 Like

So im writing up the BOTY 2022 Nominations thread right now. Last year we did two voting rounds, first round picks the category winners from all entries, second round picks BOTY winner from those category winners.

Thoughts on just doing one round of voting this year, and allowing all entries to compete in the BOTY race? That would give the possibility of there being 4 winners rather than 3, particularly if someone’s build is amazing but doesnt top any of the 3 categories.

2 Likes

Hi guys, completely new here :wink:, I just noticed this thread and was wondering if my build could be eligible for this BOTY contest ?
(it’s the HummerBoard, you may have seen on Facebook groups).

(Where can I please find the rules for this BOTY contest ?)
I don’t have any build thread on this forum, but I have one (in French :wink:) on another forum

Here are the specs:
Battery 12S (3x4s) Lipo 20Ah
2 hoverboard motherboards (reprogrammed)
4 all terrain hoverboard hub motors (8inches)
Power: 6KWatts in silence :wink:
Lights: front and rear
VMax: 50km/h
Range: 20km
DIY mudguards (PVC tube and metal frame).

Cheers

(Well I can’t add any pic here… :neutral_face:, maybe because I’m new…)

4 Likes

Here’s a pic of the HummerBoard:

2 Likes

You need to write a build thread about it before the end of the year,then someone else has to nominate your board for the contest :+1:

2 Likes

This wildcard rule change is unfortunately a year too late for the glorious crab racoon

2 Likes

I’ve created the build threat here:
HummerBoard build topic

3 Likes
3 Likes

Wait are we not doing the 4 winners with BOTY being it’s own cat?

NVM missed it.

Well, life has been busy, I finished my build well before summer but forgot to update my thread with pics etc… is it too late to post the pics and consider it a 2022 build? :thinking: