ZESC warrior6 (new BB variant)

The current rating for house wiring is based on max allowed temp increases during use (to keep insulation intact) for particular types of insulation and the number of conductors and where they are run. esk8 wire runs heat up just as much, even though shorter runs are made, but we allow wiring to get much hotter before we worry and we use higher temp-rated insulation.

Many of us are also not worried about power losses (voltage drops) as we need a certain size wire in order to fit everything or to make certain bends and we will deal with whatever power losses we get. Household wiring is much more regulated to prevent large voltage drops.

3 Likes

I should have rephrased that:

“Shorter runs, and more permissible heating (due to higher temperature insulation), both combine to allow us to run a lot more current through thinner wires.”

2 Likes

Hey fellas does anyone have any real world experience with these ESCs? I’m planning on dropping these into a build this spring and would greatly appreciate any info. :beer: :beer:

3 Likes

@zhanzhan Could I make a suggestion, I think there should be a little more information on the product page about the firmware. At minimum list which version it is derived from. Its very hard to tell otherwise. I guess its 5.01 or 5.02?

Also a little info stating that you indeed need to use your modified version and why. Would be really helpful for someone new to the website that has not read the forum thread about it.

There is no mention on the product page that this is a DRV less variant and thus needs a modified firmware.

I used the variESC Tool to setup up mine and it worked fine. I did not load any firmware just what shipped in the device. FYI if anyone wanted to know.

So far I only bench tested with 5065 140kv racestar motor, setup FOC sensoless and HFI, ADC1 throttle, all worked smoothly.

5 Likes

Hi, Thank you for the suggestion. it is based on fw5.01.

1 Like

any one running the warrior 7 on 18S currently? eyeing them for some up coming batts

1 Like

A new variant is added.
Warrior-6 BB (Balance board) has internal IMU BMI 160.
In addition to Raiden-7, you have another choice for building one-wheel.
Check it out: https://www.discoverzesc.com/

7 Likes

@b264

4 Likes

A few people asked me how mine worked. I have put in my 5year olds bike to test if it’s safe for me to use on a more powerful setup. :joy:

It works fine here but it’s only drawing like 30 amps at 15v.

Eventually one day it will get used more heavily I will report back.

19 Likes

That bike is sick! DIY much :hushed:

7 Likes

Hi I don’t know if its me being stupid but I ordered a warrior 6 BB and the IMU isn’t wanting to work. I switched the app to balance and then rewrote the app settings and turned on IMU real-time data and nothing happened and the IMU on the screen isn’t moving. Any ideas? Thx.

Please download the beta firmware 5.03 to enable IMU.

Hi could you give link the file route because I cannot find the correct firmware. Is the correct route beta 5.03 W6 > Worrior-6 Beta 5.03 > BLDC_4_ChibiOS.bin? Because that file will upload and then connect but it says “Could not deserialize motor configuration. You probably need to update the VESC firmware, as a new iteration of the test version has been made.” and will not let me write any settings, however the IMU works.

7 still not available?

1 Like

Will there be another batch?
@zhanzhan

In the following one year, no.

I have designed two new ZESCs, but don’t know when I have time to resume my bussiness.

5 Likes

Hope it’s raiden 7 Zesc dual verison :green_heart: and the raiden 8 we’ve all been waiting for :grin:

2 Likes

Any chance that this f/w can be built for latest VESC release?

Having an issue with inductance detection for Hummie hubs using these.
Worked fine with FocBox OG HFI, now I can only get BLDC detecting

Looks like surfdado added these ESCs to the official project

If it doesn’t update through the tool, you should be able to manually load the firmware files from here

2 Likes