ZESC warrior6 (new BB variant)

I have designed two new ZESCs, but don’t know when I have time to resume my bussiness.

5 Likes

Hope it’s raiden 7 Zesc dual verison :green_heart: and the raiden 8 we’ve all been waiting for :grin:

2 Likes

Any chance that this f/w can be built for latest VESC release?

Having an issue with inductance detection for Hummie hubs using these.
Worked fine with FocBox OG HFI, now I can only get BLDC detecting

Looks like surfdado added these ESCs to the official project

If it doesn’t update through the tool, you should be able to manually load the firmware files from here

2 Likes

nice! thanks

Try fiddling with current limit during detection. Usually helps :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I ended up charging battery 4.0v nominal, checked any existing setting swore a little then used the wizard & the problem went away, giving my cursing the win here but thanks

2 Likes

Meant to ask. The ZESC Warrior 6’s I have appear to be on a beta f/w. This is the latest release from the designer before he went on his hiatus.

Using the latest VESC tool 6.0.2 I get this

There is no suggestion for F/W to upload at this point

Not sure if that merge on github helps in that department

Do I need to make a build from src or pull a fork or…

1 Like

Oh, easy fix

Download this file:

Then:

Firmware → Bootloader → Upload
Firmware → Custom File → load github file → Upload

3 Likes

:palms_up_together: thanks @jaykup

1 Like

6.0.2 went on effortlessly :slight_smile:

Not so smart was attempting to change the switch for a LED switch with the battery stilll plugged in. Ignore spaghetti BMS wiring which was next on list

image0

This one will not turn on at all even with USB plugged in - not sure if the controller is damaged or just marked?
mOyomH2aduTe6leE

Think this is a voltage stepdown regulator/buck? They are both damaged in this way.
2R00wjOs8Ooe7uVG

The other one will turn on if the switch is ON & the USB is plugged in. It will not turn on without USB power, the same antispark(?)component is damaged also

ZoOl4kCmBTS22J8s

Maybe I can I repair this? Anyone have a clue on the matching component from Farnell, DigiKey or Mouser

Looks like a TI LM5017, but it’s hard to tell for sure with that lighting.

LCSC has some in stock

Hot air and some Flux (AMTECH VS-213-A-TF works well) should be able to replace that. NorthridgeFix on Youtube has a ton of good videos on chip replacements. Like Louis Rossmann but does a lot more repairs.

A few things you can check along the way

3.3v to GND - if it’s short then it could be the buck, canbus or STM32
5v to GND - if it’s short could be the bucks
Resistance between phases should all be the same, if not can point to shorted mosfets.

Would be helpful to see the full PCB to see the whole layout. There are likely a few bucks on the board.

4 Likes

I use that flux its good as heck.

For sure check if 3.3V is shorted, sending 1 amp down the 3.3 and seeing if the STM32 heats up also is telltale.

Wish I had someone to split DHL shipping from LCSC

1 Like

Thanks again @jaykup Confirmed as a LM5017SM

I didn’t notice any other damage. Some more pics

S20230326_0005
S20230326_0006

S20230326_0008

1 Like

Have to say I’m impressed with the quality of board assembly I am seeing…let’s see if I can rectify this

1 Like