ZESC Raiden-7 release

This is different though, you’re not electrically connecting two esc’s together. On a 3-phase motor if the timing is wrong you could have a dead short.

4 Likes

Weird as I’ve heard of it being done successfully
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible-or-practical-to-hook-2-RC-ESC-to-one-brushless-motor

2 Likes

Unless I’m missing something your link has two answers that say its not possible.

1 Like

Yea. You’re not missing anything. I’ll post one above of a success but I guess the escs each have a single mcu

Yeah, a 6 phase motor could be driven by 2 escs theoretically since the phases are isolated. In a 3 phase motor, the two escs would share phases and could short if the timing isnt perfect.

4 Likes

shoulda asked this here.

4 Likes

As you guys asked. Beta available! Take your own risk!

6 Likes

For everyone that hyped thinking he had them in stock, this is just custom [beta] firmware based in FW 5.03. Still no stock :sob:

3 Likes

Third batch is coming soon.

6 Likes

Raiden-7 is in stock now.
https://www.discoverzesc.com/raiden7-series
A transparent version is released, limited availability.

13 Likes

@PixelatedPolyeurthan

4 Likes

Ordered already, thanks bro

3 Likes

Oh man Im getting nintendo 64 transparent edition vibes from this, hope its still around when payday comes! beautiful!

5 Likes

Can anyone comment on these. How do you like them? I went ahead and ordered a pair of the R7’s. I’ve been looking for a HV VESC and I really like the specs + design aesthetics of these units. Now I just have to figure out how to top mount two of them within a small footprint. I’m thinking I’ll put them back to back against a thick, piece of aluminum, pocketed on each side with 3d printed caps. I mean, it would be bad practice to have different length phase wires, would it not?

Glad these don’t have an anti-spark switch built in, until someone makes socketed components you can easily swap out without soldering. I’ve been wondering if that’s possible. Isn’t it the resistor that tends to go bad in an as circuit? What if you made the resistor socketed? Just give it some screw terminals. Or, is it more complicated than that?

3 Likes

phase wires with different length are fine.
For better cooling, It’s better to mount esc on just one side of the aluminum plate.

1 Like

Where can I find the ZESC/Raiden updates to the VESC source code so I can build my own firmware mods?

bottom of the page Raiden 7 series | Zesc (discoverzesc.com)

2 Likes

Thank you, I assumed only the binaries were available there. The makefile worked perfectly for me.

Have some laptop/pc style rads popping out of the enclosure, would be a first for sure and kinda sick if done properly

1 Like

I’ve been so tempted to make a water cooled build. Was even looking at rads. Wouldn’t be that hard.

1 Like