Z.mote , new esk8 remote

Yes but slow shipping from China

I have 30 102560 ordered from China, should arrive in 4 weeks. I could sell them to same price as i bought them for once they arrive.

8 Likes

And yep my remotes just arrived and I will have to wait for the batteriesā€¦

8 Likes

I wonder if an appropriately sized LiPo could be reclaimed from those disposable vapes littering the streets.

1 Like

I think they are usualy cylindrical ?

The one I got for my trigger Zmote is a flat/rectangular type (this one here).

1 Like

Duct tape a portable power brick to it and ride off

/s

1 Like

I meant the ones in the vapes

1 Like

There are some flat ones Iā€™ve found, and there are small cylinders that you can parallel in the same space.

If you have a old flipsky remote you could probably take that battery.

2 Likes

BTW, you will also need a 1.3mm hex driver to open the case. A lot of people may only have 1.5mm. The battery compartment can handle up to a 60x25x10mm battery. The catch is that the remote charges at 1A so unless you want to change a resistor on the PCB to reduce the charging current, most smaller cells wonā€™t be able to handle the charge. And yeah I also looked to try to find a couple of appropriate cells I could parallel but couldnā€™t find the right size yet. I did find a cell from a Maytech remote but it wonā€™t be able to handle that charge.

1 Like

I got my last trigger Z-mote going.
So I have 8 now.
No issues so far.
20230522_221738_1

6 Likes

If anyone has an old evolve remote those use a 102050 LiPo

I did manage to parallel two cells from two of the Maytech double trigger remotes to get one of my Z.mote double triggers going. I was glad to throw those in the garbage and I am also looking forward to retiring my Hoyt Pucks.

I will ride with it tomorrow but in the meantime I can already tell that that the way the grip is styled with where the fingers go, and with the size of the brake trigger, my hand is apparently just slightly a bit too small to comfortably push the brake in all the way without having to stretch a bit and so it is easier for me to have my thumb a bit on the left edge of the brake trigger. Itā€™s a small thing but I have suggested to Kamen that it might be nice to have some slightly different shaped brake triggers that people could print.

1 Like

Are the duel trigger remotes available now or still testing?

3 Likes

I believe they are available. I got mine through a regular order.

1 Like

Weirdly I only see links to the single trigger and thumb wheel.

Top link dead.

Just write to Kamen on Tindie. @b264 posted the link above.

I rode with the remote today and so far itā€™s freakinā€™ awesome. Based on my initial experience plus everyone elseā€™s Z.mote experiences, Iā€™m going to order another two of these double trigger ones.

3 Likes