Yours Truly (VESC/UNITY ride tracker) is now available for free on the App Store!

Hey guys!

The first version of Yours Truly (VESC/UNITY ride tracker) is now available for free on the App Store!
Get it here: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/yours-truly/id1523671235

Enjoy :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Requirements:

• iOS 13 or higher
  • ESC: (One of)
    • VESC with firmware version between 3.43 and 5.1
    • UNITY with firmware version between 23.34 and 23.46
  • Bluetooth Module: (One of)
    • Bluetooth module running nrf51_vesc firmware
    • HM10 Bluetooth module
    • METR
1 Like

Great work man :slight_smile: really nice app

2 Likes

Good job on getting HealthKit approved by Apple, I tried multiple times and they denied, could never understand why I need workouts (I just wanted always on watch display, workouts is the only option). Maybe heart rate is why you got lucky :laughing:

4 Likes

Hahaha, always on is the main reason I added it.
Heart rate is a pretty hilarious metric if you have get speed wobbles or anything!!
Heart rate isn’t actually on the main release yet, it’ll be in testflight as soon as the next version gets approved.

4 Likes

hey it picks up both my unitie’s BT connected over CAN on my 4wd build. Do I need to do anything in the settings to account for 4wd or can I pick either or unity BT device?

App seems super clean so impressed so far!

1 Like

So, it’ll only be able to track stats from one unity at a time for the time being.
It’ll track against whichever was turned on/connected first for the ride.

1 Like

ok so if I wana get an accurate idea of battery consumption I just need to double those numbers, speed, and all the maps stuff should be accurate?

Yes, everything should be accurate apart from anything battery/energy related.

2 Likes

I’m going to start trying to figure out how to get info from ESCs connected over CAN soon :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Nice. I saw this on Reddit

1 Like

@Elias this app looks really nice!

2 Likes

Thanks!!! :pray:

1 Like

Hey guys - just a general update to let you know what’s changed and to remind you that we exist!!!

App store release:

1. General reliability fixes and app crash/performance fixes
  2. More workout tracking features for apple watch
  3. …and more than I’ve forgotten about!!! :exploding_head:

If you’d like to contribute to beta testing new features you can join the beta by clicking HERE!
Features currently in beta:

1. CAN forwarding
  2. Improved battery and range estimates
  3. Custom battery curves
  4. VESC connectivity improvements
  5. Option to always estimate battery percentage from voltage curve
3 Likes

Hi guys - I’m looking for someone with a dual VESC setup to confirm/deny if the CAN integration is working on the TestFlight beta. :pray:
Details here: Yours Truly is now in open beta for iOS!

1 Like

Version 1.2.4 is out on the App Store!!!

• CAN forwarding (support for up to a total of 4 ESCs)
  • Performance and stability fixes
  • Improved Bluetooth connectivity
  • Auto-connect/stop/start fixes
  • Better battery estimation methodology (and the option to switch to direct from voltage)
  • Custom voltage curves (and ability to export/import)
  • Acknowledgements and donation pages!
    … And much more!
2 Likes

Version 1.2.6 is out now on the App Store!

There’s a new always on HUD mode for those of you that want to mount your phones to your board or strap them to your arm.

I also reworked the BLE connectivity code so that auto-connect is working properly again once and for all :sweat_smile:

Enjoy!!!

5 Likes

This looks great can’t was it to use it after I’ve completed my build

1 Like

Telemetry for both motors and motor temps on UNITY/Stormcore are now working again for VESC 5.2.
You should just need to set up CAN forwarding by doing a scan on the vehicle settings page.

4 Likes

Couple of things:

1. If anyone considers themselves an expert I could use a hand - current_in is halved for unity on VESC 5.2 and I’d love a deeper understanding of the data

2. We’re slowly working on bigger and better features (mainly social) and if you’d like to get involved please sign up to the closed beta!!!
    Link is in the settings page of the app

3. Just a final thank you to everyone for giving us a chance. I’ve been building this since March after I’d decided to take a break from work and it’s amazing to see everyone getting involved. You’re all amazing :slight_smile:

3 Likes