Yours Truly (VESC/UNITY ride tracker) is now available for free on the App Store!

Hey Elias,
I’m currently working on an BLE-UART bridge based on the ESP32 for the Funwheel, but it will be usable with any VESC-based board. It’s already working with Ben Vedders “VESC tool app” and I wanted to make it also work with “Yours Truly”.
Unfortunately I didn’t manage to connect “Yours Truly” with my ESP32, it didn’t show up in the app. Can you give me any hint why this does not work?
I’m using a Cheap Focer 2 with 5.2 firmware.

Hey Tony,

What services and characteristics does it expose?

Cheers

Here’s what it looks like in “nRF Connect”.

Hmm - that should show up at the very least.
Doesn’t show up on the bluetooth page at all?
Are you sure the BLE bridge is not connected to anything else while you’re running the scan?
Also, have bluetooth permissions been granted to the app?

No, the BLE-bridge is not connected to anything else. Bluetooth permissions to Yours Truly are granted. Which bluetooth page do you mean? The settings in iOS?
I read in the requirements, that Yours Truly is supporting up to 5.1. I’m using 5.2, can this be the problem?

Shouldn’t be - 5.2 Is supported now, I just need to update the docs :laughing:
Sorry for not being clear, I meant the “Connect Board” modal that shows up when you click the plus sign on the home page.

Ok, nothing is shown on this page. I was wondering that there is no scan button and not indicator that scanning is in progress. Is it started automatically when clicking the plus sign?

Yes - the in-app indicator is currently on the beta release of the app.
Sorry about that.

This app is amazing! I love that it doesn’t care which VESC firmware version you use. I saw a screenshot of your app showing negative currents, but whenever I go downhill I see 0 for current instead. Is there a trick to enabling that feature using the latest release version of the app? Or do I need beta for that?

1 Like

I think the App Store release should show negative currents on the active ride screen but not the post ride charts - need to check to be sure though.
Negative values on charts is on the beta release and still a work in progress :slight_smile:

Yours Truly 1.3.0 is out now on the App Store!

• More data, more stable, more awesome!
  • Watch redesign and full data view!
  • Component wear & tear tracker
  • Customisable app icons
  • Route data on workout

4 Likes

Is there a way to edit those dates? I have accurate dates I got some of my parts and would love for it to be as accurate as possible. Regardless also aware that I haven’t been tracking with this app since I got most of my parts.

Does that interfere somehow?

You can pick an install date when you add a component in the UI and it will add all of the tracked rides since that date.
Yes - only tracked rides will get considered.

A bit of hard braking

2 Likes

Yet more question aha:

Any plan on adding esc configuration maybe?

1 Like

Yeah - we’d really like to.
Might start looking into some VESC 5.02 configuration once we have this next minor release out.

1 Like

Oh boy. :eyes::sweat_drops::sweat_drops::sweat_drops:

1 Like

We’ll keep building, you keep coming!!! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

5 Likes

On my Iphone XR the text goes offscreen

Otherwise, great app

1 Like

Thanks for reporting, Charclo :slight_smile:
Is this on the App Store or beta release?