Yeahthatperson's Shit Show of esk8 Breakery and Fuckery

Well, looks like I fucked a motor bearing as well on the kally fuckery… :rofl:

5 Likes

I dropped another puck last week at SNR, so I’m down to only one working puck, my backup puck. So I went ahead and ordered some new puck internals and am replacing them in 2 pucks.

Looking at the two of broken pucks, I’ll likely resolder and fix one. The other I don’t think I’ll try, the potentiometer has the contact completely ripped off. I don’t think I want to resolder and replace it.

6 Likes

Ok, some carnage, this one is on me for not lubing probably… I’m a bad bad unicorn :unicorn: I should lube lightly before every ride… So I will start doing that!!

7 Likes

I think they could be repurposed

3 Likes

Aaaannnnnnn… We

have a motor down

1 Like

Bad bearing?

1 Like

i firmly believe there is not a motor that can survive.

2 Likes

Not sure yet, was pretty pissed and just walked away :joy: I’ll take off, disassemble, and inspect tonight or tomorrow. If I press the can edge, it will go back in to alignment and spin properly, It also seems that it’s just a can and that the actual motor shaft itself is in the right position and is not moving from that position… But I’m not 100% sure yet

1 Like

Well I didn’t plan on following that post up ever so quickly with this post… But I thought that it might be a good idea to have a barbecue today I guess…

3 Likes

Ah, another well-done golden 100D

6 Likes

Bummer dude. On the brightside its a fitting weekend for a bbq. Looks a bit well done though. Next time try a dry brine to slow smoke and reverse sear :ok_hand:

IDK if this really counts, more like wear, but fuck these shits are sharp and have visible wear. Have been lubing regularly :woman_shrugging:

Ok, putting on new @Skyart 6384 173kv’s on, because one of the old ones, by old I means a few weeks, died. It’s on the table in pic, it’s is grinding, either it threw a magnet or can broke loose… Also, before this, it’s sensors were reading crazy shit all over the place. Will post more on the postmortem of this motor

3 Likes

Dude I’m right there with you man, going through pinions way faster than tires.

Guess it’s good to know I’m not alone

:scream::scream::scream:

That seems… suboptimal :joy:

2 Likes

Me too man, fuck Lacroix too, they only offered me 15% off a new one when mine went when saving a PPM calibration after maybe 10 miles of use, and all my settings were correct and well within their recommendations. You would think at this point it has to be a known issue but they don’t seem to want to make it right.

2 Likes

Losi makes some of the hardest pinions in the business. If you haven’t yet, try a set from Team Losi.

2 Likes

Yes. Moe recommended them to me and Ive been running mine for ages. I’ve burned through several sets of tyres and Losi pinions are still going strong.

2 Likes

Id like to give a shout-out to ABS overcurrent!!

2 Likes

Damn bro. Is this even with lowered fault time?

2 Likes