Yeahthatperson's Shit Show of esk8 Breakery and Fuckery

Yeah :face_with_head_bandage:

I’m dealing with my own overcurrent issues right now. Hopefully it’s all hardware and you’re doing ok. @poastoast also got claimed by over current a little while ago.

2 Likes

overcurrent trio we are :joy:

2 Likes

The helmet damage:

3 Likes

It’s been a while!! Sooo, I rebuilt 18s apex super predator, using a stormcore that I had repaired… threw on some fucking 10s, and tested. All looked decent besides some sensor issues…

Took out today, up to the mountains, was not getting the punch I expected, figured it was the 10s killing it. But just above 2miles in… fucking poof!!! Think this is my fifth Stormcore!!

5 Likes

I managed to pull all of thin inserts out on RallyBro!!

1 Like

Did you make it out ok?

Wanna give another 100D a shot? Bao gave me one that I have no intent on using.

Just pay shipping

This one is from the 4wd fake predator

Yes :blush:

2 Likes

Sure!

1 Like

Why did my 100d not die yet?
I do crazy shit with it

Because as LaCroix was dying they started throwing essentially whatever random FETs they could find into their ESC’s. I guess you got a good set.

This was proven later by folks on here after a year of people telling me I was crazy and that stormcores aren’t that bad.

1 Like

Your crazy

@Yeahthatperson ,um can I request more fuckery and less breakery?

Ah damn them to hell!!!

1 Like

The general consensus is that the early batches of 100d and 60d/60d+ were quite solid ESCs. Chip shortages really messed that up.

I have a 2021 100d and it has been problem free, but I don’t do crazy things with it.

2 Likes

Yeah that seems to be the key difference. I’ve got my 60d+ set at 120 motor amps per side (130 in winter) and have completely turned off thermal throttling and cutoffs. The thing just refuses to die.

2 Likes

Sad story.
But happy I got the beta version then :slight_smile:

Send over an address, i’ll give you my payment deets for the $5 for ship

2 Likes

I would demand a lifespan report in return.

2 Likes