Yeahthatperson's Shit Show of esk8 Breakery and Fuckery

Saving this spot for the evolve gtr, wirs esk8 I have ever had… No shit, I burnt out a motor in 2-3 weeks! In all I roasted 8 motors before I said fuck this POS and rebuilt with 6354s

3 Likes

boneless sprocket

6 Likes

Best esk8 investing ever! Boosted v2!
$1800ish I think :thinking: plus XR battery
Well over 10k miles ( in 3.5-8mile increments )

Covered under warranty (or special ambassador)
2x decks (cracks in structure)
6x motors
2x ESC
1x front truck (I cracked a baseplate)
3x XR batteries
Soooo many fucking belts

4 Likes

Lol dude you’re an animal :rofl: i thought I was good at breaking shit, but I take my hat off to you sir!

5 Likes

Bows gracefully

3 Likes

Improved sprocket! Low rotating mass, high performance. Much zoom.

3 Likes

Meee too dude …
Yet here I am feeling like a total amateur…

This is my favorite!!!

2 Likes

SmartSelect_20230121_212514_Photos

Dont mind me…

3 Likes

Well now we know why they went out of business: they warrantied consumable items :rofl: the other parts are their own fault though and I’d say they should have sent you replacements aside from the battery Also they made the mistake of selling you a board

1 Like

I love this thread. but i find myself unable to keep moving forward in it. it’s like "ah yeah, i know that pain… and… oooooh too much pain… "

3 Likes

The profit margin could easily cover most things. Some battery RLOD because of aggressive BMS safety algorithms… If deltas got too large, battery shuts down and has to be replaced.

The went out of business because:

• the spent way too much on marketing
  • took a really bad loan for vulture ventur capitalists
  • got fucked over by Trump’s import tarrifs
  • went all in on a fucking scooter instead of developing the next gen skateboard

Warranty wise, they did go above and beyond. But, I was the Seattle Ambassador, did shit tons of demos, hosted group rides, and events. So a lot of what they covered was because of that.

Regarding belts, I stopped paying for belts and has a constant supply from ROMP (ambassador there too) and boosted sent me some monthly to cover the demo fleet which consisted of 1 stealth, 1 boosted plus, 1 v2, and 2 mini x’s… And a fucking scooter :kick_scooter: Soooo many belts, pretty much anyone that rode with me didn’t need to buy belts, I had ROMP kevlar belts on tap for Seattle Boosted crew

2 Likes

Ok, well I broke the base plate BC I was… Looking at my phone and clipped a steel pole in the center of a commuter trail… It’s super to keep cars of the trail. I learned a lesson that day :joy:

4 Likes

Too boosted support. They warranties one of my SR batteries and sent me a XR and a couple motors as well.

Not an ambassador

3 Likes

I would say that could easily fall under a foreseeable mistake and if I made something to sell I’d try and make sure it could hold up to something like that at least once without it breaking. Now, it holding up to that multiple times is a different story. To me it is kind of like going off curbs, any pre-made board should be able to hold up to it happening a few times due to possible mistakes and accidents, but I wouldn’t expect them to hold up to constant curb jumping. (as in if you break shit that way then it is your fault and shouldn’t count as warranty)

It was mostly just a joke :rofl: but your reply is useful info for anyone who wants to really know why they failed.

2 Likes

Almost fixed!! @bboybowzer is replacing the last broken part, the vent axel :relaxed: Hopefully I don’t fuck this board up anymore!

3 Likes

I don’t want to burst your bubble but uhhh, have you met the guy riding it? He breaks stuff sometimes

is this a new amended title? either way i love it

2 Likes

No, I saw another broken shit thread and was like let’s go!!!

3 Likes

That’s like almost 3k worth of broken shit…

Hats off to you sir.

4 Likes