Xenith wont turn on

Sorry if I was not clear. Shredlights has the CS in the esk8 market in general. Lacroix has the best CS in the ESC market.

ftfy, but probably still not true when u have metr around

uh no, u should buy a board from them and see how the CS are. stormcore isnā€™t a main selling product for them i assume.

1 Like

That helps explain some of it with the reply times this past week. Two people I know personally had put in support tickets and never got a response, but that was a few months ago.
The only other think has been the solutions offered to problems. Obviously nothing against you as they are probably company policy, but it does somewhat contradict the statement that Lacroix is ā€œthe final frontier of electric boarding technologyā€. I also do know it is hard to know if it was a factory defect or the customers fault with this stuff.

I mean all of this in the nicest way as I do appreciate what you do for the community.

1 Like

I have a strong feeling that has to do with a glitch we noticed a few months back. It was causing support tickets sent through the website to not reach us. We have no idea why but it sucked. I can personally assure you that if a ticket is submitted, Charles will try to answer it. If a ticket goes without answer, thereā€™s only 2 possibilities.

1. the ticket wasnā€™t an actual question or problem to solve.
  2. it didnā€™t reach support.

Alot this šŸ¤¦

I do my best to be up to standards

2 Likes

I havenā€™t dealt with metr.

And Iā€™m saying that out of all the ESC manufacturers, Lacroix has the best CS. Iā€™m sure they have very good board CS too.

metr is so good that their stuff doesnā€™t even break lol.

6 Likes

and they keep adding new, cool, useful features. shit, when i thought the development might slow down due to some bottleneck, then boom, metr came out with new features.

those guys are crazy

4 Likes

And Lacroix will help you no matter what youā€™re wearing, although i would expect my customers to stay snatched, so they have me there.

6 Likes

0,3A is too high current. Something is shorting. My guess is the driver for precharge fets. I have seen this IC broken before without hole in it. Check if it gets warm too touch in that case when you short the mom pins.

Another testā€¦ You can connect a motor and spin it fast by hand. That will generate a voltage on the esc side of the antispark circuitry. The voltage needs to be high enough for the DRV to start converting to 5V. See if you get the LEDs to blink. If they do, then precharge circuit is the issue.

4 Likes

Literally the best thing I have read since I have been in the forumā€¦

I love my Tb6s to be honestā€¦ where did they go?

I didnā€™t know shredlights was in the esc business :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I donā€™t like raining on parades but how many esc companies have you dealt with?

3 Likes

I donā€™t really have the equipment to prove my theory, but I killed 2 spintends a stormcore and a flipsky 6.6+ eliminating all other problems.
On the second spintend I switched the sides. And it bricked that side. Therefore it was the motor. Joey z suggested the sensor was the problem, so I hooked up to the vesc tool minus the sensor and no problem was observed

1 Like

The UBOX is a good option if youā€™re well versed in vesc troubleshooting and if you have plenty of time. I had 2 out of the 3 I ordered not have working sensors, but Spintend support jumped into my DMs and walked me through the solution.

Unity and xenith is good if you need something small, I prefer to buy them used so I know itā€™s not a QC dud.

Stormcore is the gold standard.

3 Likes

It might be 0.03a now u mention it. Cant remember but ill do those tests anyway.

I bridged the mom pins and went around feeling for any heat and i get a warm touch from the ā€œ220 T3ā€.

Am i fucked? Fixable?
Havenā€™t tried spinning the motors yet.

@Blasto you might know

Itā€™s an inductor and it is in series with 5V. Some where 5V is shorted. Could be the 3V regulator. It looks damagedā€¦ does it get hot?..what is this in the corner?

Generally if something is big dead it gets more than a little warm to the touch, so thatā€™s not an immediate death sentence. As @Fatglottis said itā€™s an inductor, and Iā€™m also curious whatā€™s up with that other component with the mark on it. The mark looks like a solder blob